“Great and inventive food; excellent service”
Review of Nostimon Hellas

Nostimon Hellas
Ranked #7 of 171 Restaurants in Naxos Town
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Settled in a quiet but central neighborhood, "Nostimon Hellas" is the perfect spot..., Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a relaxing atmosphere!!! The backyard available for the most romantic moments...!!! All dishes are prepared with love, care and respect,using only fresh local products...!!! Forget frozen,microwaved and prepared meals. "Nostimon Hellas" will expand your gastronomical horizons...!!! Sit back and enjoy every bite...!!!
Reviewed May 6, 2019

After staying for a while I look for something out of the ordinary menues you find in most Greek tavernas. I had been staying for nearly 10 days in Naxos town when I felt for something different and tempting.

Nostimon was in the street I was going, and I was tempted to find if they had improved since my last visit to this restaurant some 3 years ago. It was a cold evening with a strong wind outside, and on request I got a nice table inside.

The menu showed many dishes out of the ordinary and I selected an excellent starter based on tarama to be followed by a sea bass for my main course. Again just delicious and well served.

I seldom go for any sweets, but an Arabic (?) sweet was new to me and looked tempting. It was sweet and very good - the waiter said it could be compared to fried "angel hair" - a new and fanntastic experience for me.

I thank the restaurant for a fantastic meal, and have decided to include Nostimon Hellas as a place to visit in my coming visits to Naxos.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Friendly, welcoming and the food is unique and delicious. Fresh ingredients and a twist on the usual menu you get in Greece. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

We visited this restaurant without planning it since we found it near our hotel and it looked really good. That's the first thing you realize about the restaurant, it's really elegant and cozy. The food was simply amazing. We have been living in Greece for quite some time and we know its gastronomy. Food here is a modern interpretation of traditional dishes, and it respects the products while innovating with new flavours. The prices are very good for the offered quality and no more expensive than traditional tavernes. We ordered hummus, seftalies, warm salad and the arseniko with almond crust. The best part about the hummus was the tomato, onion and cilantro salad, but hummus itself was also awesome, the warm salad was fresh and with complex flavours, the seftalies had a very delicate mix of spices and the cheese was one of the best we have tried. We loved the warm bread buns, they are home-made. The service was perfect and the waitress really kind. When we finished our dinner we were invited to some sweet moschato wine from Limnos, simply delicious! We are probably going back to this place while our stay in Naxos.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

We liked this place so much that we went back. Delicious fish and I was even given a filleting lesson at my table :). This place is a must when visiting Naxos Town.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2018

So wanted to leave a positive review about this place as we were looking forward to visiting. However the evening we visited was very like an earlier review in that it was really busy, to the extent the staff just could not cope. We were shown to our table and given a drinks menu 'to look at while they brought some food menu's', so we wait and wait, I have no issue in restaurants that are busy however it is about managing expectations, would not have minded had we had our drinks ordered and delivered while we waited for food however after close to 30 mins and on the verge of leaving we finally got to order drinks and ordered food, unfortunately several dishes were not available so ended up with not preferred choice and the ravioli accompaniment to the beef cheek wasn't available either, food well presented however not much in the way of veg or salad on the side. So all in all a bit underwhelmed with the experience that did not live up to expectations.

Date of visit: September 2018