“Divine and reasonably priced Italian food at a local institution on the waterfront”
Review of Su e Giu

Su e Giu
Ranked #27 of 171 Restaurants in Naxos Town
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2019

Open all year and loved by locals and travellers alike, everyone is made to feel welcome here. The only hard part is deciding what to eat from the lovely and extensive menu, but Susanna will advise if you are stuck!

Some house wines in Naxos restaurants are a bit ropey but I am a big fan of the house white here.

We are regular visitors to Naxos and this is one of the places I always look forward to visiting. Thanks Susanna!

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Great food that came quickly, fantastic and friendly service, very reasonably priced - couldn’t recommend more!

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

We ate lunch here. Great experience! We were pleasantly surprised to find this is a non-smoking restaurant as we have been overwhelmed by smoke in others Greek restaurants. The service was excellent; friendly attentive. We both had the chefs salad which was plenty for lunch and delicious. The pizza served to near by tables looked delicious. Seems that lots of locals eat here too which is a good recommendation!

1  Thank Smugepurr
Reviewed April 6, 2019

This Restaurant is situated in Naxos town overlooking the Port. We have eaten here many times since coming and never been disappointed, the portion size is huge.
Suzanna, the owner is very welcoming, we were waited on by Dimitra and Marta who were so friendly, helpful and polite.
The cleanliness, which is so important to me, is immaculate, the toilets are spotless.
Well worth the visit, great welcome, great staff, great food and clean.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

The waiter was enthusiastic about the freshness of the mussels that were one of the daily specials so I gave it a try. I am a big fan of garlic, but for once there was more garlic than even I like, but it wasn't the worst aspect of the meal. The mussels had a faintly metallic taste that was just off somehow. The sauce was not really all that tasty, with the mussels or the bread. I fed a good amount of the mussels to a very cagey cat that would come to within 10 feet of me and give me a disdainful glare until I flicked a mussel in front of him. I figured at least one of us ought to enjoy the meal. I hope he enjoyed it more than I did.

Date of visit: February 2019