Irene Pension 1
Porto Naxos Hotel(Naxos Town)
$100
$86
$108
$105
  • Beachfront
Saint Vlassis Hotel(Naxos Town)(Great Value!)
$141
$104
  • Beachfront
Hotel Grotta(Naxos Town)
$86
Princess of Naxos(Naxos Town)
$99
Adriani Hotel(Naxos Town)
$84
$82
Orbitz.com
All reviewshis motherthe ownerhot tubport free of chargecakesstavroskitchenettenaxosbalconysink
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Well situated in a quiet area and at 5 minutes by walk from the main place, we had a nice room with a big balcony and a little kitchen to prepare our breakfast. The host is very friendly, generous and available : the morning he brought excellent cake made by his mother and drives us from the place to the port and vice versa.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csviau
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The rooms are great, spotless, beautiful! Even better is the care you receive at Irene. The owner picked us up in the middle of the night at 3.30 AM and drove us right where we belonged. Next day he surprised us with ice cream, day after with chocolate cake. You get the feeling to be part of the family and to be a cherished guest!

Absolutely recommendable!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Very well located between old town and beaches (both within walking distance). Extremely friendly and generous staff. Nice balconies: makes you feel like a local for a few days. Clean rooms and cooking facilities. Free wireless. Superb!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I was looking for a quiet small family hotel close to the centre of Hora on Naxos and Irene I became my dream place to stay in Naxow. I normally travel to Naxos to work and Irene's I location is ideal close to the main road to the village and just 5 mins from the local authorities and the castle. The incredible fast wifi that it has enables me to be incontact with athens and london at any time. the family atmosphere which is so helpful meeting all my needs.! iam really very gratefully to Stavros whenever I need a room winter or summer he always finds one for me there which suits me! thnk you Stavros and see you soon in Autum
Giorgos

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We were looking for a cheap and comfortable stay in Naxos (Hora). We read about Pension Irene in the Lonely Planet. They were spot on in their recommendation. We got off the ferry and there was Mr. Stavros with his sign. He gave us a lift to Irene I.

He has two properties in the same neighborhood (both named after his mother Irene). Irene 1 is smaller, quieter and several blocks off the main square. Irene 2 is newer, closer to the beach and has a pool. We opted for Irene 1 as we were looking for peace and quiet (but can still use the pool if we want).

The room is perfect. We are in a double wit a balcony (slight view of water and hill), wc/shower en suite kitchenette, fridge, cable TV, and free unlimited wi-fi. Stavros even has a laptop he'll let you borrow if needed.

Great value. We're a couple in our early 30's traveling for 3 months on a shoestring budget. We paid 25€ a night (off-season early May 2010), although I can imagine prices go up in the hig season (June-August).

We were going to stay 2 nights and ended up staying 6! And we saved a lot of money being able to cook in our room instead of eating out all te time.

Pension 1 is close to grocery stores, a bakery, butcher shop, bus stop and about a 5-10min walk to downtown Naxos.

Two thumbs up!

Also recommend Maro's (spelled mapw in Greek) for a good affordable authenic Greek dinner.

1  Thank ryanetsonia