“Good modern hotel”

Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Naxos Town
Sydney, Australia
“Good modern hotel”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in the family apartment which had a room with double bed and another separate room with two single beds. This is a small new very modern hotel. It was very clean on arrival although daily housekeeping could be improved. It has a great pool area. The two brothers who run the hotel were extremely helpful organising car hire and transfer to and from the port. The hotel is located opposite the quieter end of the beach and the town is approx 15 minutes walk and about 25 to the port area. The beds were comfortable. The shower was massive in a room separate to the bathroom, a little awkward though as you had no place to hang your towel or cloths while using the shower, some hooks would be good as would tea and coffee making facilities. There was a lovely big outdoor terrace area with table and chairs. Although it is a little far from town with smaller children we would definitely stay here again and recommend for families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I arrived late on sept. 3th, and because of overbooking, a room in another hotel was offered to us. I was very disappointed at first, but things turned out well during the following four days we stayed in Princess of Naxos.
Our room was not very large, but it was extremely clean; the bed sheets and the towels were changed every day and always smelled fresh and clean. An enormous shower sprinkler in a tidy, warmly lighted shower cabinet made us feel at home.
Wi-Fi was working perfectly, in each and every part of the hotel, and that was important for me, since I hand to send and receive a few mails from my company.
We have been satisfied with the breakfast, and even had perfect "cappuccinos" expressly made for us.
The owners were very friendly and did all their best to make us feel comfortable. One of them spoke a good italian and both of them were kind and helpful througout the day and until late at night, when we passed at the bar to have a last beer.
The hotel has a nice double pool, one of which, with a jacuzzi and a waterfall. The beach is just across the road, it is a free beach, but an equipped beach is not 200 meters farther. The town center is 15 minutes' walk from the hotel, going on the seaside boardwalk, which we considered a very romantic thing at sunset.
The trip from and to the airport was free of charge, and we appreciated that, given that taxis are not exactly cheap.

What I did not like was the sat tv, that had only greek and german channels, but who cares, we were in vacation and had better things to do than watch tv.

• Stayed September 2013
Buren, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Because of an overbooked hotel at first, we stayed at this verry nice luxe hotel. Vaggilis (manager) was friently and helpfull. The superior room with sea view we got was super! Every evening nice sunset from the balcony. Breakfast at the poolbar was good. We had a great time there on Naxos, we will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Don't be deceived by the name. The last thing you will feel like is a princess if you stay here! The hotel is in a horrible location and ridiculously over-priced but the worst thing about it is the attitude of the owners. When I tried to check out early one of the brothers who run it shouted and swore at me. I originally booked for 9 nights (having read reviews on TripAdvisor) but things began badly when we were shipped off to another hotel for the first night because Princess was overbooked. The next day we saw Princess of Naxos for the first time and were disappointed with the location. The hotel is some distance from the nice part of town, but the real problem is that it's on a very busy road and the pool is anything but relaxing with the noise of traffic thundering past. It was hopeless for us because my two teenage girls couldn't go to the beach independently because the road was so dangerous to cross.
I also discovered the hotel was hugely overpriced when I made enquiries at other, much nicer places.
I explained to the owner that we wanted to check out and was presented with a bill for 9 nights even though we had only stayed for 2 (and one of those elsewhere). He shouted at me, used foul language and wouldn't listen when I tried to explain why I wanted to move on. He threatened to call the police and told me, in front of my daughter, that I would be thrown in prison if I didn't pay the full amount. I offered to pay in full for 3 nights, he then said he wanted to be paid in full for the two nights we'd stayed but he'd accept 50% of the cost for the 7 nights we were not staying with him. Eventually the police were called (they were very civil) but I ended up paying him in cash for the equivalent of 3 and a half nights.
I have travelled widely but never had an experience as unpleasant as this. I don't understand how this hotel has such positive reviews. After the event I did find that, if you really trawled, you'd find other people who'd bad experiences here too.
It has taught me a lesson. Don't just read the most recent reviews - do your research more thoroughly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Caroline K
VAGGELIS K, Διευθυντής at Princess of Naxos, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Future visitors of Princess of Naxos Hotel. I am very impressed with the message of Caroline K. Clients that have been visited Princess Hotel really feel like Princess or Princess by the way that have been treated from Princess Hotel’s Staff. You can understand this with all the good review comments as well as the certified of excellence that princess hotel got every year. The location of the hotel is just 10 minutes walk from the city center passing along the beach and the beach is just 50m opposite the hotel as in Princess hotel web site has been described clearly. Furthermore as Mrs. Caroline K said about the over priced it is not truth. The price for its type of room is being formed from the Greek National Tourism Organization as well as from the services that the hotel provides for each single customer. For example in peak season period that you have 10 people work for 19 rooms and the service is always perfect as all the staff tried their best in order the 100% of all the clients to be satisfied. And I thing we have been very proud with all the best comments that we get from the most of our clients. Of course there are some cases as Mrs Caroline that was not being satisfied. Mrs Caroline has been arrived the first night and because I couldn’t accommodate her at Princess for some serious reason I was placed them at Another 4 star hotel without extra cost. First of all I was driven them to that 4 star hotel. The next morning I picked them up and brought them at Princess Hotel. The lady at the reception gave them the room with a view to the sea. Mrs Caroline never mentioned about anything of liking or not liking the room or the hotel at all. The next day I got a call from her that asking me to leave the hotel because she wants to stay with some other friends in another place. So I came at the reception and I was trying to explain her that according to your reservation policy you have to pay the whole amount. And this was the truth. And I thing she knew it. Because when somebody reserved a room from some specific online sites it explained clearly that in case of leaving earlier customers has to pay the reservation. Anyway because I am not such a person I told her that I don’t want the whole amount but you have to agree with the greek law which says that in case of leaving earlier you have to pay the half amount of the rest of your staying as a compensation to the hotelier. This is obvious to all the hotels all over the world. And I thing everybody knows as well her. But she refused this as well and then she were shouting saying that I won’t pay anything and starting threatening me by saying that she will write bad comments to tripadvisor that finally did. After many times explained her that this is the greek law and that I will let the room empty when many other clients have been asked in all the previous months when I was holding the room for her. The answer was from her go the port and you will find it. I could believe the answer that has been given to me. So I told her that if you don’t believe me I can call the police to clarify this. And she told me ok bring it. So the police has arrived explained to her all about the greek law in such cases. And I brought the police in order to believe me and that I was not trying to cheat her. I never have done this to any other clients and was the only one because she thought that I was lying to her. After all that I just charged here 1 extra night and with a result for me to let the room empty for the rest of their supposed staying in a very busy period. And I was wondering why Mrs Caroline didn’t book the hotel just for 1 night and if she liked it she could ask me to stay longer if I had room. I am sure that clients that have been stayed at Princess Hotel are really satisfied and when they read this they will understand that all the comments that Mrs Caroline is just a hatred for me and especially for Princess hotel. So I am asking from tripadvisor staff to read my answer and move this badly comments which is not matching at the image that Princess hotel offers all those years.

Yours Sincerely
Mob: +30 697 2035 817
Fax: +30 22850 27541, 25387
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at The Princess of Naxos in 2011 when my mother came over from NZ. George couldn't do enough for us, advised and arranged the best buggies to hire, where to eat, anything we wanted George was the man to help.

Hotel in a great location that it is an easy stroll to the closest bar, but yet far away not to hear the noise if you wanted at early night.

I have never been to the same place twice, but we are thinking of returning soon as this holiday sticks in our mind as one of the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We were met at the port by one of the owner brothers George the hotel is a short walk from the beach and water front restaurants and as long as you don't get lost, not too much of a walk from the town centre. We were given a complimentary drink on arrival and George gave us a good orientation on the town as well as suggestions on what to do and see and booked a rental car for us. My husband was unwell with a tummy bug and without hesitation Vagellis drove us to and from the hospital as well as speaking to the doctor on our behalf which was great as we don't speak any Greek. Very clean and friendly but my one piece of advice would be to pay the extra for a superior room as our basic room was considerably less significant than our friends superior room which was a free upgrade.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Pace, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Amazing, Paradise, Trustworthy, Family, Romantic, Accomodating. My wife and I cannot say enough about our trip to Naxos and our stay at Princess of Naxos. If you're looking for paradise and want to be taken care of then this is your hotel.

My parents stayed here a couple of years ago and couldn't say enough so we decided to give it a try! We were extremely impressed. This is a family owned hotel and they truly care about your stay. They gave us a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite. It was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at and I have been across the world! They also gave us complimentary drink and told us what sights to visit, which saved us a bunch of time and made our trip more efficient!

Not only that, they picked us up and dropped us off at the port, free of charge, just for staying at their hotel. I cannot stress enough how beautiful and accomodating they were, we would NEVER think to stay anywhere else. Thank you for giving us the best vacation ever!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 20 in Agios Prokopios
Nissaki Beach Hotel Naxos
Nissaki Beach Hotel Naxos
#4 of 59 in Naxos Town

Been to Princess of Naxos? Share your experiences!