All reviews the penthouse molton brown toiletries jacuzzi on the balcony the owner every morning standard room beautiful bathroom breakfast was delicious rental car this lovely hotel small hotel minute walk a wonderful stay naxos port our honeymoon great hospitality quiet location
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

If the name of Saint Vlassis Hotel would ever be changed, I would simply call it: KONSTANTINOS !!! Because Konstantinos is ... the secret of this hotel, he is the soul of the place, he is the man who takes care that everything is set up to the smallest detail, without any deviation. Konstantinos is the owner of this small and chic hotel, but first of all he is the friend of the traveler coming from afar. Cycladic hospitality is well-known, but Konstantinos is more than that, I would say he is really setting the bar up high... the Greek proverbial philoxenia!
A cheerful and very friendly guy, always smiling and grateful, ready to solve all customers' wishes, but respectful in all his manifestations. Konstantinos tells you "Good Morning!" in your native language and he doesn’t just do it formally, but ... from the heart! He has a good word for each, makes you feel good, so you feel relaxed and ... at home! He asks you how you slept not from a professional duty, but simply because he wants you to sleep well, asks you if everything is okay, because he does not conceive of a client not being perfectly satisfied in his hotel. One day I told him I was ... angry. He looked up at me: "What happened, what upset you?" I suddenly felt him sad, so I rushed to answer: "I'm upset because ... here I find no reason for discontent!" His eyes lit up and Konstantinos laughed as only he knows how to laugh, happy because everything's just fine.

But let me say a few words about the hotel also:
Saint Vlassis is a name with a special meaning in Naxos’ hotels range. It suggests peace, relaxation, atmosphere and refinement, so guaranteeing a perfect vacation in the Cyclades.
The hotel has a very good position in Naxos Town, and is set right on the main street of the city, 10 minutes walking to the center, but in a quiet and easily accessible area. We have chosen this hotel for its reputation, for the excellent reviews found on Tripadvisor and for the quality of service: not very often you find in a 3-star hotel such comfortable beds (mattress by Simmons), top quality cotton sheets , duck feather pillows, or Molton Brown toiletries. I was also delighted that the hotel has private parking, which is a net advantage for Naxos town.
I found everything there as I expected. But I must admit that the breakfast, cleanliness and friendship of Konstantinos exceeded my expectations.

Excellent hotel, bravo Konstantinos!

Room tip: Request a direct offer from the hotel (mail or phone) and you will receive the best price quote.
Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank George M
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

This was a wonderful experience from start to finish it was great. The breakfast in the morning was phenomenal such variety. The rooms are extremely comfortable.

A special thanks to the staff who are brilliant and made our stay great. From the cleaners making your room brand new to the hosts all exceptional.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScribeLife
Reviewed October 19, 2018

We booked two nights in the penthouse and two nights in the standard room and on arrival the owner kindly upgraded us so that we spent an additional night in the penthouse.
The penthouse is amazing, with views across the south part of the Naxos town, the room is stunning and you have a tablet at your disposal to surf the net and to control all the features in the room. The hot tub was great too, although a minor niggle is that the water wasn't as hot as I would've liked.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the standard room was really good too when we had to move out of the penthouse.
We had absolutely no problem with the location of the hotel. I knew that the hotel was just outside of the main town, it was only a 15 minute walk into the centre and just under 15 minutes walk to the beach. Conveniently there is a good grill restaurant, a large supermarket and also the outdoor cinema all within 5 minutes walk.
The breakfast was great, with a large selection of cooked and cold items. There were different sweet items everyday. I tried to taste a bit of everything as it all looked so appetising.
Kostas, the host, was so friendly and hospitable. He was on hand every morning at breakfast time to welcome all the guests and to provide advice too.
I cannot praise the hotel enough. It made our visit memorable! I would definitely try to stay here again if I ever went back to Naxos.

Room tip: Definitely try to experience the penthouse!
1  Thank futomaki79
Reviewed October 7, 2018

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the penthouse suite and we loved it!

The hotel has lots of luxurious touches - lots of marble, beautiful bathrooms, high-end bath products.

The penthouse suite is a big room with a huge outdoor patio with an outdoor jacuzzi tub.
There's a desk, mini fridge, closet, and safe. Big breakfast spread every morning. There's plenty of parking.

Kostas is a wonderful man - super friendly and helpful. He gave us some great suggestions and routes for touring the island - and his recommendations were perfect. We spent 2 days driving all around the island, exploring cool villages and ancient sites.

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the main port area - it was an easy walk, and being outside of the main area meant that the area around the hotel was quiet at night.

Thanks Kostas and staff for a great stay!

Room tip: The penthouse suite is great! Huge patio and outdoor jacuzzi tub.
Reviewed October 4, 2018

This is a new 4 story hotel. It's nice and the staff are great. Breakfast is exceptional.
But, be conscious that it is 1.2km out of the port area or the beach. It's in an upcoming area, yet it hasn't come up yet.
We had to hire a quad bike as transport, which was fun. If you are willing to walk a lot, it could be ok. Else, choose somewhere closer to the waterfront or the beachfront.

Room tip: Tip - there is no lift, so choose a room according to how many steps you are willing to climb. District views, but none are special.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Konstantinos S, Διευθυντής at Saint Vlassis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Mr. Mtcf,
Thank you for the time you took posting your review. We are happy to hear that we have met your standards and fulfilled your expectations concerning your stay at our hotel.
At the other hand I feel obliged to reply at your misleading headline! We have never advertised our hotel being on the beach or next to the port (Thankfully due to traffic/pollution, not).
Any traveler should know that renting a vehicle is needed since you will miss the true essence of Naxos if you only spend your time on the beach and port area
The hotel is a two floor property. In total have 40 steps which I believe every person can walk them up and down. At any case guests can, for whatever reason, ask to be allocated on ground or first floor. You asked to be at the second floor and we happily carried your luggage’s both at check in and check out.
Moreover, it’s wise indeed to look before you book a hotel if it’s located on the same the area you wish to be too. There are tens of pictures published which show where we are or the landscape around us. None indicate that we are on the beach or port.
We are truly sorry if you were confused on the time of your booking but simply to discourage others based on your mistake is false.