“I love it”

Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Naxos Town
Sydney
“I love it”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was lovely - a little bit out of the main town but only 10 minutes. There is internet - thank you.
The breakfast was wonderful - our children were very happy.
Good air con: good lovely people - they picked us up from the ferry.
We were all very happy here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Walton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Definitely going back next year. Nothing was too much trouble from picking us up from the port (and taking us back when we left) to providing us with information on where to go, where to eat, basically anything we needed to make our stay perfect they were a lovely family and would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2011
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The reason that I missed Naxos so much is due to our stay in Saint Vlassis. Free pick-up, free breakfast, nice spacious room and we even had a coffee bar inside our room! This was beyond my expectaion. Couldn't expect more. Owner was so nice and his parents were very helpful as well. The mother saved my life: i broke my eyebrow pensil, his mother lent me a eyebrow pensil sharpener right away!!! It was so funny, though embarressing because it was so personal.

Breakfast was great. Room spacious, and from our balcony we can see the sheep in the farm, and the sheep in the neighboring farm. It was such a nice experience that I will treasure for life. I will definitely go back there and stay there for more days. If you travel to Greece, don't miss Naxos, and don't miss Saint Vlassis. Besides, Naxos is quite large, and you will find yourself busy visiting different villages in the mountains and shopping. Shopping was also great there, price reasonable compared to other Greek islands and cities.

I love Naxos and I love Saint Vlassis the most. For dinning, don't miss the triangular shaped tarven in the fountain square, the name was in Greece and I don't know how to get the letters right. But it always writes that they have Live Greek Music night. It was the most delicious tarven we ever experienced the whole 21-day trip. It was reasonably priced and so traditional, and, simply delicious. This tarven together with Saint Vlassis, made me addicted to Naxos.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank chrislaiyr2000
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August with the hubby.

Service - excellent - Konstantinos picked us ip from the port and drive us back to the hotel. He recommended some local restaurants and must-see sights in Naxos. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival so that was a pleasant surprise. On our last day, he even took the luggage for us to the port in the pm, which allowed us to explore Naxos some more!

Location - 15 min to sea front but 10 mins to old town. There is a bakery around the corner where we filled up our water bottles everyday :)

Breakfast - 2 kinds of ham and cheese, cukes and tomatoes, juices, coffees, cereal, breads and cakes... Plentiful
Value - great value €40/nt for a suite with full kitchen.

• Stayed August 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We were picked up from the ferry (complimentary) and brought to the hotel. Every morning they have a delicious and fresh breakfast spread that is included in the price of the room. (Bread, cereal, meat, cheese, fruit, yogurt, honey, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee, juice). St Vlassis is within walking distance of one beach and a short walk to the bus stop that takes you to many more. We rented a car for a couple days to see the rest of the island which is worth doing.

My only complaint of the hotel is the beds. Very hard and uncomfortable. Although the hotel staff said they are renovating the rooms within the next year.

We had a lovely balcony with chairs and a table. For the money this place is really an incredible value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sgold19
Colchester
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of June 2011 & was pleasantly surprised.
It is a fair walk (15-20 minutes) to the harbour which for me was ok & enjoyable & there are things to see on the way, there is a bus stop 10 metres from the hotel ( tip : walk up the hill a bit to the previous stop & you are much more likely to get a seat & also a supermarket close by & a cake shop to die for..!!!!
The rooms are well equipped & a good size with balconys, the birds are a bit noisy & the owner Konstantinos is a lovely host & the breakfast is worth getting up for.
I have booked 4 nights in August 2011 & can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Essexlad
England
Reviewed June 13, 2011

10 out of 10 for making my stay at St Vlassis so memorable…

Costa his Mum, Dad and the lady who helps keep the Hotel so nice and clean will make every effort to accommodate your needs whilst staying at their home. I changed my holiday in part due to the quality of my first stay, so that I could return and sample some more. This was not uncommon as I met other Guests who had decided to extend their stay.

Here are some examples of why I thought this place deserves top marks:

Don’t expect the buffet breakfast of a 5 star hotel…instead you get a quality choice of Greek yogurt, honey, peaches, cereals, nice soft bread, quossants, hams, cheeses, really tasty cake, juices, fresh coffee & tea. I even witnessed a lady being served Earl Grey tea one morning because that was her preference. The ambience in the breakfast room makes it somewhere nice to go in a morning where you can choose to sit outside or indoors.

If I needed a moped or mountain bike e Costa was very knowledgeable and helpful in arranging this. He’d make one phone call during a discussion at breakfast before you know it the guy from the hire company was there with a bike at a very reasonable price. Costa’s helpfulness and knowledge of Naxos allowed me to quickly become acquainted with the Island.

Cleanliness..How many places have you stayed where the shower curtains are washed on a regular basis? It was so nice to come in from the beach to a sparkling clean room where you could have a warm shower and relax in clean surroundings. I didn’t catch the cleaning ladies name but she works very very hard in keeping the entire place spotless and always had a cheerful smile and ‘Good Morning’ whenever we met.

I’d been working 7 day shifts before my holiday and slept like a baby for my first few days because the location of this property was so peaceful. Okay, so you’re not bang in the centre of things but within 10 minutes walk you’re in the main square of Chora having passed some great taverna’s. Few more steps and you’re at the port. The beach is also walkable with some useful shops and bakeries along the way allowing you to prepare for some time in the Sun. Personally, the location was spot on for me with a competitively priced large supermarket just around the corner, selling everything from Greek cheeses to 6 packs of Alpha beer and a good wine selection. Very conveninet for enjoying time on the balcony.

Just a quick tip, some stomachs are more delicate than others but to help save the planet and your pocket use the free drinking water tap that is 5 minutes away from the hotel (adjacent to the bakery on the main cross roads). Drank gallons of the stuff and froze some bottles in the room’s freezer and never had a single problem.

The place felt very safe and secure and somehow with the family on site you felt that they would always help if your needed anything. One night I needed some scissors to open a sachet and caught Costa’s Mum & Dad just on their way out for the evening, without hesitation his Mum looking really smart and all ready leave produced a pair of scissors with a helpful smile. I was able to leave kite surfing equipment and my mountain bike outside unlocked overnight without any worries whatsoever.

The Wi-Fi Internet connection is super fast. I didn’t stay in every room but the two rooms that I had were great for getting a Wi-Fi signal. Bring your laptop in the knowledge that it will be safe and you can connect to the Internet within a few clicks.

I was immediately reassured when I first arrived at Naxos Port to meet Costa’s Dad who gave a warm Greek welcome. On my departure I was not the most organised in terms of time keeping, I hadn’t left quite enough time. Despite of this Costa’s Dad made sure I got to that ferry and as I was carrying some heavy luggage and sports equipment he dropped me of at the ramp of the ferry. I’ll have to be more considerate next time – sorry Costa’s Dad.

During my 2 week stay I met many nationalities during breakfast. Costa could speak fluently to many of them which in itself is very very valuable for anybody planning to stay.

I could go on and on with other examples and everybodys experiences are different…But if staying in Naxos I would urge you to try St Vlassis. I have stayed in a lot of places and this ‘Gem’ of a find has to be one of the best for reasons I have mentioned above.

Thank you Costa to you and your family for working so hard to give me such a great holiday. I plan to return and look forward to enjoying Naxos with the help of St Vlassis in the not to distant future.

Chris

#1 of 21 in Agios Prokopios
Adriani Hotel
Adriani Hotel
#6 of 58 in Naxos Town

Been to Saint Vlassis Hotel? Share your experiences!