“Gracious Hostess...Great Value”

Galazia Studios
Spokane, Washington
“Gracious Hostess...Great Value”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

When we stepped off the ferry at Naxos, the cold wind was howling so strong that we made a mad dash for a taxi. Sofia was there to meet us but we did not get her message. That effort is a sign of her desire to make our visit enjoyable. My wife caught a cold and Sofia was diligent in trying to comfort her. Even made some camomile tea and pastries. The room was clean and well maintained.Though there is no view, the location is convenient to the harbor, Old Town, the beach, supermarket, and coffee bar. Local merchants are very welcoming. Quiet setting. Walking is pleasurable since there is much to soak in along the way. The Castle area is especially interesting. Of course there are tourists but not overwhelming. Bars are frequented by local watching football. A side trip to Halki was an unexpected bonus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have my best experience staying at Galazia studio under lovely care of Sofia, the humble and friendly owner of the studio. It is less than 5 mins walk to St. George beach and the main square and you can easily get anything you want near the studio. The studio even have a small kitchen and fridge in the room which I appreciate greatly during my stay in Naxos. I can enjoy the local produces without having to go restaurants all the time. The only regret I have is not staying longer at Galazia studio and spend more time with Sofia. Sofia and her family run Galazia studio from their heart, I think that is what makes her place so special to me. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a very homely place to stay and easy to get around Naxos. I am thankful for Sofia and her family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank kualibiru
Romania
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A great hotel, Sofia the owner was great and we felt at home. The rooms are superbly decorated, welcoming, and they have all facility. Naxos is a sensational island.The studio is near the beach of Chora, 5 min walk to the Old Town, close to many taverns, supermarket nearby Thank you Sofia and your family too for the hospitality and warmth with which we were received.We will come back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CatalinRomania
Móstoles, Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is my second time to stay at Galazia. Last summer was their first summer and I had such a good stay, I wanted to repeat. I am glad to say I did. They are located between St. George beach and the main square. The beach is no more than a 5 minute walk and about a 7 minute walk to the harbor. Anna and her mother were wonderful and served us some nice refreshing juice as we settled in. The rooms are clean with a tv, A/C and wi-if. Each room has a balcony, a small kitchenette and a clean bathroom. They picked us up from the port and also dropped us of. Overall, a great place to stay if you are on a budget and want great service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Billy R
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Galazia. Anna was amazing and was keen to ensure my stay in Naxos was memorable which it definitely was. Close proximity to the town and 100m from the beach, I would highly recommend for anyone looking for good service and comfort on a budget.
Thanks Anna.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Owen W
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The mother and daughter working here welcomes you as a part of their family and are very nice and service minded. The rooms are clean and nice, the bed comfy and the kitchen ok. The location is quite perfect because it is between the beach and the city. 3-4 minutes to the beach, 5 minutes to walk to the center square - 10 minutes to the harbor. But the best part of this hotel are the people! :) I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Youngfemale83
lymm
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We arrived in Naxos without pre-booking a room. We walked to a. Location where we had stayed on a previous trip, but the hotel was closed as it early in the season. We saw a sign Galazia Studios and phoned the number. Luckily Sofia, the owner, said that we could have a room. We were her first tourist guests, and the room just needed the beds to be made up etc. A lovely spacious studio with brand new fridge. The location is perfect for the beach, yet is only a 5 main stroll to the fountain square and 15 mins walk to the port. Sofia is the lovely owner who was helpful and kind and we are sure you will enjoy staying at Galazia Studios.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple