“Great view, food okay”

Anda Jaleo
Ranked #47 of 155 Restaurants in Naxos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Anda Jaleo is an authentic Spanish Restaurant with real Spanish cuisine and with lovely and romantic sea views over the whole port or Naxos facing the sunset.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

II would have liked to give this a higher rating after going there based on reviews on trip advisor. The owners are lovely, hospitable people who have embarked upon a new path from Spain to naxos and I sincerely wish them success. The view from the restaurant is fantastic. The food was okay but a bit too salty for my taste. In fact, I found while dining in naxos, most of my meals were overly salty. This restaurant was also more expensive than most of the others we tried. Final rating: 3.5.

3  Thank Niah707

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We just finished a wonderful afternoon bite at this lovely restaurant overlooking the harbor. I had the Salpicon (seafood cocktail), which was fresh and spicy; just right. My wife had the local cheese, Grabiera, which was tasty and smooth. I also had the home-made Sangria, which was perfectly made with lots of fresh fruit. The owner-hosts were most hospitable and accommodating and the view of the entire harbor from the second floor room was wonderful. Though only in their second year, the owners studied gastronomy in Madrid, and, if you like Spanish Tapas, don't pass this opportunity.

2  Thank rpet
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family and I had lunch at this place and we were all amazed by the food. Everything was delicious and the owners were very nice and helpful. The views were beautiful too! Definitely recommend it - for couples or families.

2  Thank Simoniinha
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Never before have I returned to a restaurant the following evening to order the exact same dish.
The paella here is simply as good as I have ever found. But everything we ordered was just excellent.
The restaurant is elevated a few meters above the harbour front, giving it a wonderful panorama out over the port. The service is efficient but relaxed, the staff genuinely friendly, and the food is wonderful. Its slightly more expensive than you would pay in an average Greek restaurant, but a great deal less than you would pay for food of this quality anywhere else.

2  Thank michaelhegarty
Pedro A, Propietario at Anda Jaleo, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion, friends. Was a pleasure for us to have you in or restaurant enjoying our spanish plates.

Looking forward for you again!!

Triana and Pedro

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Pedro and Triana will amaze you with their excellent cuisine, unique location, and warm and friendly service. If you are looking for a special place to eat a memorable meal, this is an excellent place to go. The view of the port is wonderful too.

3  Thank CLaVia30