All reviews padded sun beds lovely hotel balconies or terraces kids pool welcome drink on arrival the owner air con the pool area was lovely towels provided minute walk bars and restaurants good size quiet location clean rooms flat screen tv a family run hotel breakfast was included
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Visited early in the season when there weren't many guests. The hotel was clean, we'll maintained and pleasant with a decent breakfast and all staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a relatively short walk into town among the beach

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I think I was like one of three other people in the whole hotel. I had some issues with my room. 1. I didn't have hot water my second night when I went for a shower and 2. The power went out two nights in a row. When I let the front desk staff know, she really wasn't helpful. Plus the other staff didn't seem to interested in engaging with me. The breakfast was meh and when they cleaned my room, I think they used old bleach water, at least that what it smelled like.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Very Nice hotel near the Beach. Good breakfast and staff Very helpful and friendly. A special thank to Eva who was simply amazing! We had a great time there!
I would recommended It! A family hotel with great staff!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Following a pretty hectic few weeks charging around western Europe, the Greek Islands was going to be our downtime with nothing but rest, food, swimming, etc. Astir was a great home base in which to do this.

The hotel is for accommodation only as the food is very ordinary but the staff are brilliant and very helpful. The hotel is a bit more removed from the township that we would have liked but it also allowed us an element of peace and quiet.

The rooms were very clean and tidy and a lovely cool refuge from the heat of the day. Likewise, the pool was beautifully clean and well maintained.

There were a few rough edges (unattended repairs, ordinary and dated bathrooms) but nothing that made our stay (6 nights) unpleasant. It was a short walk into the town for meals so we were well catered to.

Overall a pleasant family run hotel that provides the essentials rather than the bonuses.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2018

This is one of the rare hotels that manages to be modern and professional, while still maintaining the beautiful warmth of being family run. September 2018 was my 5th stay in as many years, as I actually refuse to stay anywhere else on Naxos! The hotel is very close to St Georges Beach, but just far enough to enjoy true peace and tranquility. It's also a very short walk to the bus stop that takes you to the most beautiful beaches of Prokopios, Agia Anna, Maragas and Plaka. The open air theatre is across from that bus stop too! 15 minutes along the beach, and you are in town or at the port. But it is being at the hotel that is the real winner - upgraded rooms, lunch and dinner options, and now a massage parlour with hydrospa, along with an amazing pool, these amenities ensure true comfort and style. Coupled with this is the real warmth and friendliness, and true passion for your happiness and enjoyment, that is the hallmark of the approach of the family that owns and runs Astir. You'll arrive as a client, and leave as a friend!

Room tip: The honeymoon suite is stunning (but all are great)
Date of stay: September 2018