“Must visit and try”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2018

We were recommended this restaurant by Alex from Naxos Island Hotel and it was a great recommendation. As a vegetarian family traveling with young kids we always look out for places which can serve both kids and adults. While this is a very fine, fine-dining restaurant its ambiance, food and service make it a very good choice in the main town. And when you visit, make sure you spare a couple of hours to walk around alleyways around this and explore the town.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed August 26, 2018

The restaurant is located in an inner yard and it is very quiet and nice atmosphere. It's nice to get away from the tavernas often located on the busy streets in Naxos town. It's not easy to find so the name Labyrinth is really suitable.

The menu is not big but I think it has something for everybody. We tried most of the pasta dishes and they were really good and quite cheap. The pasta itself is nothing special probably ordinary Barilla supermarket penne pasta but the sauce makes up for it. We also tried the salmon sallad with orange sauce which was really good.

The house wine is really good especially the red. Greece is not one of the top wine makers in the world but the place was always filled with french and italian guests and they seemed to like it too.

The service is nice and friendly and they are really quick. We never had to wait more than normal for anything.

One of the waitresses' first comment is to inform all guest that the credit card machine unofrtunately "is broken". We accepted that the first time and since we had cash for the whole trip we also accepted that the other times because the restaurant is quite good.

Reading a few other reviews later that night made me realize that the credit card machine has been "broken" for quite a while now at least a year. Must be a really serious problem which takes so long to fix....

This of course raises the question if it is a VAT-fraud? It makes me extra concerned since we all know about the troubles the greek economy has been through the last years and still is in today. I understand that there is a transaction fee but not accepting credit cards 2018 is suspicious and my advice is to immediately get the machine working again. Credit card holders do tend to spend more so it could make up for the fees involved.

Oh yeah, one more thing, smoking is allowed since it's outdoors and since it's Greece. If you read this and are a smoker, please think of all others around you. Don't blow smoke into the face of other guests and into the face of small children. After fixing the credit card machine putting up small signs of "please don't smoke" could be the next step for this and all other restaurants.

1  Thank hanslindner
Reviewed August 20, 2018

This stunning little restaurant serves the most delicious food in gorgeous, romantic surroundings. Wonderful

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Naxos. On both occasions the service was excellent and the food tasty. Don't be put off by the fact it is described as a "wine restaurant" - a full range of drinks is available - the house white was very drinkable.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to eat here because we noticed the TripAdvisor stickers outside.

The restaurant is cozy and has a nice backyard - the music playing outside was a bit too loud and that made it hard to conversate at times.

The food (which to me is the most important part) was mediocre at best. To be honest I was disappointed. I truely belive that I could even make it better myself.
We had the risotto with veggies and some pasta with mozeralla, tomatoes and basil. It was so tasteless, I had to add a bunch of salt to make it taste like something.

Great place to have some vine or drinks, but I wouldn't eat there.