“Great family restaurant at good prices”

I Kali Kardia (The Good Heart)
Ranked #60 of 133 Restaurants in Naxos Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great family restaurant at good prices”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very friendly staff always joking with our son. Delicious vegetarian menu (even catering for vegans with traditional greek dishes like gigantes and fassolia etc). Our son was a big fan of the pizza menu too. They also offer generous retsina carafes! And all at very reasonable prices.

Visited April 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Tromsø, Troms, Norway
“Genuin Great Greek Gerontakis”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Where do we start?This place serves you whatever you can imagine from the greek traditional cuisine!And all produced on the family farm!Fresh and tasteful,not overpriced, and close to the port of Naxos . Helpful and smiling staff from early morning to late evenings!

• Visited June 2012
Leuven, Belgium
“the good heart of the gerontakis family”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My favourite on the paralia for twenty years now!(we stay the whole months of june and september...);the family run traditional taverna gave some compromise away by adding pizzas on their menu but kept the essentials of the traditional kitchen (lots of locals at the tables is a signal that not lies...);
my favourite is the fish soup (last june 8euros) served the traditional way:the soup with rice and avgolemoni and the fish with the vegetables served as a side dish...a delicacy in its rural simplicity!..
Vaggeli runs the orders and never keeps his eyes off the game,looking for little problems he'll tackle with the smile...just try it!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank simonetti
Náxos, Kikladhes, Greece
“Perfect”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

For five years visiting Naxos. One of my favorite places you go is the restaurant "good heart". Have very good GREEK CUISINE, the best pizza on the island, excellent service, great views and reasonable prices.
You recommended:

• Visited September 2011
Forchheim
“Best Pizza, best Snitzel, ... best Eisbein with Kraut ?”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The "I Kali Kardia" was once really one of the best Taverns on Naxos. I was there first in the early nineteeth initiatet by a recommendation of a greek friend. Till, 2000 I always ate there.
After my "Cycladic break" I was there again in 2006, now with my girlfriend.
The menue was by now much longer and additional translations in French and German were added. Despite our order was taken electronically (I love this in hollidays :-(), my girlfriend got the wrong dish. Starters were served at the same time as the main dishes and nothing tasted good.
I couldn't really believe that the quality sank so extremely, so persuaded my girlfriend ever once in a while to try it again, always with the same result - disappointment.
Last year it was for sure the last time: They had a lamb on the spit it looked absolutely tempting, our favourite tavern doesn't offer this, therefore we took another try.
Result - it was dry not well spiced and mostly bones. As we left we saw there was nothing missing from this lamb on the spit that seduced me.

By the way I can't comment any nongreek dish in Greece after 32 years of holidays in Greece, I even try to avoid taverns offering it. But that gets more and more difficult because of a certain kind of tourists asking for this. And sadly even those people are customers and the Greeks try to keep all customers satisfied.

• Visited June 2011