“Traditional nice athmosphere”

Nikos Taverna
Ranked #22 of 176 Restaurants in Naxos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family taverna since 1970 The traditional tavern Nikos, which is located in one of the most central spots of Chora of Naxos, has a long tradition on what we call “good food” and is waiting to introduce you some of the most famous Greek dishes. Its cuisine is based on dishes that take us back to our childhood… to those delicacies we would try in the home of our mom, our grandma, a classical Greek housewife. Among a wide variety of cooked meals that are prepared on daily basis, you can taste pastitsio (macaroni pie), mousaka, lamb in lemon sauce, rabbit stew, and beef stew. Wonderful flavors, traditional way of preparation, but above all fresh local products of excellent quality are what ensure that the result arriving on your plate is flawless.
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

We Read the reviews about Maria taverna, they are roughly all on the same way, I mean; nice restaurant, good food, friendly owner etc...
We then walked to this place and we’ve been surprised; this traditionnal good looking greek taverna looked much bigger than on the photos on the web.
We understood as soon as we got the menu. Actually, it’s not one but two restaurants.
The point is one is called ‘’Maria tavern’’, the other one ‘’Nikos tavern ‘’.
Walking down the street, it looks a big place full of people, same tables and chairs, colors and deco, flowers all along the about 25 metters long terrace.
So we got the concept.
The staff is of course on the rush but smilling.
Food : Even it’s not our best tasty meals in Naxos, it’s good and portions are pretty big for a raisonnable price.
Recommended

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

We don’t have much and are traveling on a budget. We found this place by accident and immediately were in love! Great wine and the BEST food I have had yet in Greece! The best part? It cost us less than 40 euros with tip! We had a litre of the house white (very good!) the warm feta with bread, they ended up bringing us some tzatziki and some “spicy local cheese” - I swear to god, this is the best thing I have ever tasted! I normally hate eggplant, I never eat it, but my husband ordered the moussaka and I had to have it. I had the lamb in lemon sauce which was equally yummy but that moussaka... so incredible! In addition the waitstaff were so kind! Loads of smiles and so nice, they ended up giving us desert and a shot of sambuka and I was so impressed. If you have only one day in Naxos, go here, you will not regret it!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank s1wood4
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner at Nikos last night and will return tonight. The food was outstanding, service was great, we were given a delicious desert on the house.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Really good food, very tasty and large portions. Excellent value for money and good service. Be careful for add on”s they give extra drinks etc and say it’s on the house but you are charged for it on your bill at the end, which I think is a little dishonest. Just put the price of the food up Nikos if you want to make more money, people will pay as it’s very good food!

2  Thank sarahjayneduffy
Reviewed May 4, 2019

For those in the know, this is simply the best restaurant in the Chora of Naxos. The good wholesome food from the traditional Greek menu provides variety and quantity, it is prepared well, it is served promptly, and represents good value for money. The charming members of the family who run this taverna, and their well picked employees are some of the kindest people you can meet. They are always hospitable,welcoming and friendly and pay attention to all of the customers' needs throughout the meal without being overly fussy or intrusive. The clientele represent many nationalities on holiday along with regular customers who live on Naxos. I recommend this restaurant highly to anyone coming to Naxos,and once you experience the friendly ambience and good food and hospitality you will always return..