“Nice venue, relaxed atmosphere”

Sottovento Gourmet Mediterranean Cuisine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Sottovento is a beautifully situated beach bar/ restaurant with à cosy lounge atmosphere. Especially, The beds are the ideal place to start with an aperitif or to end with à glass of wine. The food is ok, but that's not the real reason why you would choose for Sottovento.

There are newer reviews for Sottovento Gourmet Mediterranean Cuisine

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Had dinner there twice. Best meals my friends and I had on the island! They offer a wide variety of food. The pizzas were excellent and my preference went to the seafood platter and stuffed calamari. We were served quickly and in a friendly manner, and we enjoyed the cocktails and the view on the beach. It was good value for money. We highly recommend!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I had high expectations for this restaurant after all the good reviews and was very disappointed. My husband had a very dry chicken dish and my pasta did not taste much. They did not serve wine by the carafe, very strange in greece. I wont go there agin.

NaxosSottovento, Gérant at Sottovento Gourmet Mediterranean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Dear Lena,

We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry you didn't enjoy your meal here. I checked with the all staff and nobody complained about the mentionned dishes. I would have loved to hear from you in person so I could change your dishes and make it up to you.

Regarding the wine, we've decided to not sell wine by the carafe because we could find any wine by box respecting our quality standards. We offer wine by glass though, which come from bottles of our great selection of wine of the world.

Again, we are really sorry for this, and hope to see you again to make it right this time.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

We have toured Italy and Greece for the Past few weeks and the food And wine here have topped the expectation. When we first looked at it looked like a well presented beach cafe, and didnt expect great food. Boy we were wrong. We had a seafood tapa and pizza to share. It was fresh, the pizza base was authentic and the French wine was divine. We didn't blow our daily budget and felt they could charge more for the brilliant view right on the beach! I recommend this to everyone who wants a delicious meal with awesome atmosphere without emptying their wallets!

1  Thank 1st_time_EUR
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I had lunch at Sottovento and could not stop to eat there! The food is really delicious and the team is really friendly! The kids loved the original desserts and we loved the seafood dishes.

We also used the beach in front of the restaurant, which is very conveniant. You rest under the sun, go to eat something, and go back. You can even order your cocktail directly on the beach (which are very good. Try the Mojito, it is the best I ever had).

All in all, this is definitively a place to go, again and again.

1  Thank IrishCamille