“Excellent food & atmosphere, not happy with service”
Review of Lucullus Taverna

Lucullus Taverna
Ranked #40 of 145 Restaurants in Naxos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
concord nh
“Excellent food & atmosphere, not happy with service”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went to Lucullus in the Old Town early October. Beautiful building and setting with thick, white-washed walls, large arched columns and Greek memorabilia decorating the walls. I ordered the Lamb Slouvaki with 1/2 carafe of red house wine. Since I was there early I was the only one there and got immediate service. The food arrived fairly quickly and the presentation was beautiful. The food was excellent. However, once people started showing up I suddenly "disappeared". I know there is a waiting period for the bill but I waited for at least 15-20 minutes for someone to bring my bill. I waved to waiters and the owner but was ignored. I got so upset that I almost walked out without paying, but being an honest person I finally approached the counter and was still ignored. The owner finally showed up and looked for my bill but couldn't find it. There were numerous other bills on the counter before he finally found. It seemed there was a lot of confusion was the place got filled. Everything was great but the wait and being ignored ruined the experience.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank crazyh

• Greek first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Service and atmosphere great, but food less so...”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We received a lovely warm welcome and the service was very nice throughout our meal. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was great. The Naxos salad we had as a starter was big, fresh and tasty. However, the mains were not as good. I had the seafood pasta and while the pasta and tomato sauce was tasty, the seafood was woefully lacking. Four tiny mussels, one thin slice of calamari, some tiny shrimp and a sliced up surimi stick (fake crab stick). After paying nearly €50 for a shared starter, two mediocre mains and a 1/2 litre of house wine, we left not in any hurry to return.

• Visited October 2013
Leicester,United Kingdom
“Lucullus never disappoints”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Once you have found Lucullus and eaten there you will definitely return for more! The food is Greek but with a twist, beautifully served and with many little extras to make you feel special. The main restaurant is inside but air conditioned and beautifully decorated with traditional artifacts but there is an open air garden at the side. Lucullus is tucked away in the old market. This year two musicians played Guitar and Bouzouki, creating a very happy atmosphere while we ate our superb meal and enjoyed the ouzo and wine. Definitely one of the most friendly tavernas we have visited.

• Visited September 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Charming Taverna”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ate twice at Lucullus and were treated like very welcome guests by the owner and his stepdaughter and son. The food here is traditional and excellent. The service is lovely. Recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Fabulous Greek food and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

In Naxos for a week and have been to Lucullus twice. What a great spot. Tucked away in a lane way as you go up to the Kastro. Also has an outside garden area in a vine covered lane way. Staff are great with good English and a couple of guys play live Greek music all night. Food is excellent and the whole place has a real Greek atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013