Had a great time at the Fodele Beach - two families, both with 3 kids ranging from 4-15. Plenty to do for all the kids, fantastic water park, nice pool and very nice beach in secluded bay. Beautiful scenery too.
Food was good with wide variety although after a week of all inclusive I'd had enough! The bar/ cocktails, all part of the all-inclusive deal was also very good and the kids loved the Animation (entertainment) team. Actually we were quite surprised by this as we thought the older ones would find it 'beneath' them - but they loved them and went to the shows every night.
A couple of points to note though in terms of expectations (mainly based on some other negative comments):
- this is a great hotel for families with kids - safe and self-contained. I would not want to be here if it were just me and my wife, but that's not what we were looking for in this holiday
- the rooms are pretty basic for 5*. Again, this didn't really bother us as we were only in the room at night.
- The air-conditioning wasn't great in the room but we found that if we left it on all day on a low setting all day the room stayed cool for us when we came back to it.
- There was no air-conditioning in the main areas of the hotel. Although the hotel was fairly well 'aired', being perched high-up, the dining-room could have done with air-conditioning. We anyway live in a hot country so could cope with it, but others may suffer in August.
- The hotel is built on the side of a hill. Although there are 'golf-cart' transits, there weren't really enough for the amount of guests, so if walking up and down stairs is a problem, you might find this annoying. Again, for us it really wasn't a problem but it's been commented on elsewhere.
Overall, we had a really great holiday there and would definitely consider returning. Most of the staff were very nice, the public hotel facilities were good, the view was stunning and the location was safe for kids (including teenagers). More importantly all the kids had a fabulous time, my 4 year old doesn't stop talking about it and the teenagers also had a brilliant holiday.
Highly recommended overall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fodele Beach & Water Park Holiday Resort, is situated 25 km west of Heraklion international airport in Crete, and lies in a unique location with a breathtaking view, on the exquisite sandy beach of Fodele area (birthplace of the world-wide famous painter Dominikos Theotokopoulos, well known as EL GRECO) Fodele Beach & Water Park Holiday Resort is built in the Renaissance style, the rooms in the form of bungalows, spring up from gardens of incomparable beauty. Guests can relax with a full-body massage and sauna, or lounge on the sunny terraces enjoying cocktails at the poolside bar. This All-Inclusive resort includes various amenities in the room price. One of our key mission is to create an exclusive, private ambience for you, an atmosphere that will make you feel truly at home, from the very first moment. An island; a hotel; a self - contained paradise-yet; Yet it is something more than this ... a care-free heaven....... a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Fodele Beach & Water Park Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fodele Beach Hotel Fodhele
- Fodele Beach & Water Park Holiday Resort Crete, Greece