Hotel am Markt
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
  • Breakfast included
$114
$123
Hotel zur Post(Bacharach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftperfect locationbeautiful small townthe ownerlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentother hotelsbed and breakfastfamily roomthe riverstairsgermanrhineeuropeboat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here on our way down to Austria and this was a stopover for the night, a decent drive from Calais to break the journey. And what an inspired choice it was! The village is absolutely charming, with its medieval buildings and narrow cobblestone streets and the castle on the hill towering over it. Also, the Rhine nearby adds to the scene.
We booked two rooms following reviews on here up to June. I cannot believe that there have been a couple of recent reviews slamming the hotel, as we had a marvellous stay. Both rooms were spotlessly clean and well furnished. The rooms were large and high- ceilinged. Although both rooms faced the main street, we heard not a peep from outside, either in the evening or the night. Maybe with the windows open, it might have been different, but Bacharach did not strike me as being a particularly noisy place anyway. The bathroom in our room was large with a jacuzzi bath, which everybody enjoyed. The beds were very comfortable. Yes, there are stairs only, but then this is precisely the charm of an old building with character. My 86 year old mother had no difficulties as we were only one floor up.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent

I would gladly stay here again and have not the slightest qualm about it. It is good that some picky individuals have written poor reviews, as it will make it easier to book the next time. ;-) But if this hotel is ranked eighth, the others above it must be incredible. I doubt whether they are in reality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sotonian
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Bacharach is a delightful small village along the Rhine and this hotel is right in the middle of everything. Owners were very helpful and friendly. The rrom was bright and clean and recently renovated. Although compact, it was well planned and worked very well, we had a room on the top floor at the corner, so could watch the comings and goings of the village while we sipped our local wine on the balcony. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here overnight as part of a touring holiday. Nice spacious room with fridge. Lots of stairs which would make it difficult for the elderly or disabled. Previous reviews have referred to train noise and church bells which you can hear but the double glazing helps. There is no air con so would be even noisier on a hot summer night. Good continental breakfast.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JimandJulie1
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The staff was not helpful at all. When I had a problem they just said " this is it, handle it."
I don't appreciate thi attitude especialyy after calling them before arriving to make sure everything in th ereservation is right.
The noise around the hotel is not barrable. Afternoon and evning there are lots of tourists.
Early in ther morning from 6AM trucks were unloaded right below my window, so a good night sleep is very difficult to achieve there, if at all...
AND thought they say they have WIFI- it's only in the lobby, which contains 2 chairs only.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ringb
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The room was clean, but the bed left much to be desired. No pillowcases, for one. No top sheet, which seems common in Europe, which left a musty, scratchy cover on top. Half the light bulbs were out. I arranged to have laundry done, but the clothing was never picked up. When I brought it to the attention of the staff, I was met with no comment whatsoever.

I would never return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011