We stayed here for 1 night after originally booking Pension Dettmar in the same town - they are owned by the same family, and I think we got a better deal than we paid for when we were moved to this Hotel. After some initial language barriers (my wife's German hasn't been used for 10 years and mine is non-existant) we were given a very beautiful room - old fashioned but in a good way. The bathroom was excellent (looked brand new and a very good shower) the bed was comfortable. The hotel is in a fantastic location right in the center of the interesting part of town. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. If you're looking to experience the history and culture of a town then this hotel is a good bet. Breakfast was traditional continental europe - bread, croissants, cereals, meats, cheeses etc. We like this style of breakfast and it was very good, the bread was lovely.
My few very slight negatives would be as follows:
1. The building is old and the walls aren't very thick, it was easy to tell when the neighbouring room came home and put the TV on. This isn't a modern building, so don't expect modern sound insulation.
2. Only 1 english language channel on TV, and it was CNN (how awful!), but I'm the one who can't speak German, so its really my fault.
3. They only accept cash as payment - which came as a surprise to us at checkout...its our fault for not checking in advance, but this is possibly the one genuine negative as it cleaned us out and I don't like using cash and it pretty much cleaned us out.
#3 above is really the only thing which the hotel could be "faulted" for...had they taken credit cards and given free internet access (only via paid wireless) it would have been 5 stars.
As a general note, there is little parking close to the hotel, but the hotel do offer a parking garage at an additional charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic, Romantik Hotel is in the scenic market square of Bacharach am Rhein, just 24 miles from Frankfurt Hahn Airport. It offers fine local food and Wi-Fi via hotspot access.The non-smoking Hotel am Markt has brightly furnished, soundproofed rooms and apartments with cable TV and modern bathrooms.Continental breakfast is available each morning. Seasonal dishes and homemade cake are served in the Hotel am Markt's traditional-style restaurant with wine cellar.Free parking spaces are located near the Hotel am M ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel am Markt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Am Markt Hotel