“After 20 years”

Hotel-Restaurant Kranenturm
Ranked #16 of 29 Restaurants in Bacharach
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Regional, vegetarian- and seasonal specialities with Rhine river view
Reviewed June 28, 2012

While touring Europe in June 2012, we decided to visit Bacharach after visiting 20 years ago. We decided that we would go and try the Restaurant Kranenturm again .. Same owners and wonderful food, not pricey as some have stated. Our waiter Thomas was excellent and deserved his tip.. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

2  Thank seadiver_66

Reviewed April 28, 2012

The dining room is very elegant, nice view of the Rhine if you seat by the window. Our waiter was very nice and patient with the time it took us to go through the menu. The food was very good, but I wish my dish, pork, had been served with mashed potatoes instead of fries. The patio seemed like a good place for a dinner on a summer night. The final bill was high, over 150 euros, and they were very pushy to get paid in cash, first and only time that happened during the entire vacation. Would I go back to the restaurant? Probably not... There are other options in town.

1  Thank lilyblue25
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Don't remember what we ordered, but I do know that both our dishes were wonderful and the propietors, Kurt and Fatima, were very welcoming and generous with us on our visit. We were staying just down the block at Lettie's and she recommended the resturant and we are very glad she did!

1  Thank JBKirkpatrick
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I had stayed at this hotel back in 2002 and howled at our memory of the trains rushing by just outside our 3-pane windows all night. That was January and the hotel had officially been 'closed', but when we called up from the street that we'd seen the hotel in Rick Steves', we were assumed to be "FRIENDS of Ricks!?!!!!" and given a room for the night. If their diningroom was open back then, i don't recall.
For this Bacharach stay, we slept someplace quieter but made our first night's dinner here. The service, considering they were very busy, was efficient and whatever the dish was that was listed as their 'special' was so good that my husbands fork kept straying over to my plate. It was scrummy. The balcony, because it gets the trains swooshing past, makes for memorable seating, especially in the gentle weather of early October. Having come through the dining room, I would think that it would present cozy dining as well. And DO, one of you, order the special!

2  Thank Wanderlassie
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Wonderful restaurant with very attentive hostess. The sauerbraten was excellent--as was everything else.

3  Thank Sakrison