“Nice dinner!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The restaurant is located in the middle of Bacarach, near the Tourist office.
The service was frendly , the athmosphere relaxed and the food was perfect.
Me and my husband ate a soup , a main dish (meat) and drunk a bottle of the local wine. The total price was around 40€, it wa worth it!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great vibe in a cobble stoned courtyard surrounded by half timbered buildings under he tower of a church chiming the quarter hour. Tasty German lunch of sausages and picked vegetables washed down with a wheaty Weissbier. Not sure of previous reviews stating food was pricey - we yogurt it was excellent value.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Yes, I can see how this place may be a "tourist trap", but if the food and experience are good, what is there to argue with? I visited this place twice during my three day stay in Bacharach. The atmosphere is open like a beer garden and good both for sitting to have only beers or to order a meal. The prices are high but comparable to the rest of Rheinland which I found to be generally expensive (more for food than alcohol). I was very impressed with the quality, presentation and taste of the dishes, of which I had the Mediterranean Flammkuchen, salads, and Lambwurst with a wonderful and light housemade coleslaw. The outdoor atmosphere with the Werner of Oberwesel looming overhead is hard to beat. The food is well crafted and hearty and service friendly.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We went here with a family group of 4 adults and 3 children primarily because of its beautiful location. When the sun is shining you can sit in the couryard area which is very sheltered and scenic.
When it came to food, three of us ordered the potato soup with smoked salmon, one chose the salad with chicken fillet and the kids had chips with ketchup. We specifically asked whether there was any cheese in the salad (watching cholesterol and trying to be healthy!) and were told categorically that there was not. When the food arrived however, there was no sign of any chicken and instead plenty of feta cheese! We queried this but were told that this was what we ordered.
The soup arrived in what I can only describe as a cup and all three of us left still feeling hungry. Given that the price for the soup was 5 euros we were not impressed.
The only happy ones were two of the kids (the other one found the spice on the chips not to her liking) - just not good enough.
Overall, I would not bother with this place for food but stick to drinks in good weather only

2  Thank Cheshirewoman
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We were surprised to see this place so highly rated but I think it is on the tourist map as many walking tours seem to go through here. We were underwhelmed by the venue and the menu but it was the stench that ultimately drove us away before we could even get an order in. There is just no way that we could eat in a place that smelled of unflushed toilet.

3  Thank fruitio