“Good value for money”

rusticana
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Bacharach
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: friendly and attentive service in 3 languages,low prices,cosy athmosphere and a protected terace.homekitchen speciality sauerbraten,schnitzels,venison....and my homemade apfel´strudel warm with vanilla icecream.nonsmoking since 25 years.always a little chat with the guests.
Australia
“Good value for money”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed four nights in Bacharach, and ate at this cafe all four nights. The food is not fancy, but was good quality home style food at a good price. The local wine is excellent. The apple strudel was the best I tasted in Germany or Austria. The very friendly, english speaking, owner made us feel very welcome.

• Polish first
Acton, Maine
“Good wine; otherwise disappointing.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our second night in Germany included this lovely village of Bacharach. The surrounding mountains are planted with grapes and all growing vertically. We walked through the delightfully cobble stoned streets and saw the menu outside of this restaurant. It seemed to offer a good selection of German food, reasonably priced. They offered outside eating; we chose inside as it was misting and a little damp. The Bacharach wine is wonderful and a "must" to be tried. The salad was good and attractively arranged. The soup was wonderful and hit the spot, given the weather.However the Schnitzel left a lot to be desired. I don't know if you can purchase premade frozen food such as that there, but it was very disappointing. My daughter had another kind of meat and remarked that the gravy on it tasted like it was from a can. The owner/hostess was a lovely chatty lady, but the food only rates a poor score. Sorry.

Tampa, Florida
“Great food, friendly owner, speaks excellent English”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

You will not be disappointed with this selection. Food is reasonably priced and presented well. Owner made Apple Strudel that was excellent. Meal includes soup, salad and entree. It was a pleasant surprise that owner spoke excellent English and there is an English menu. It is a popular place so reserve a table or go before 7PM

Antwerp, Belgium
“Leather”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

In a country that doesn't have much more to offer foodlovers then bradtwurst and schnitzel, this restaurant has found a new low for what already is considered peasant-food. Admitted I am not really objective as I am not a fan of the German kitchen, however: I wouldn't even feed this to my cat.
The small café/restaurant in the center of the little town of Bacharach offers meals that are very cheap. When you enter the place one gets overwhelmed by the smell of grease that hangs in the place. You can forget about wearing the same clothes again the next day. I have to admit that the owner is a very friendly lady, but her enthusiasm can't fix the awful meal we got served. Despite the odd tradition to serve a cold salad before a meal (which is done in Germany), the main course was simply abominable. You could say we were warned because we could see a small part of the kitchen (namely the place where the microwave-oven was placed), but nothing could've prepared us for what was served on our plate. A leather lap of what used to be meat surrounded by defrosted fries. The meat was covered in a gravy that was obviously made like a minute soup. The schnitzel, because that was what it was supposed to be, wasn't even coated with a thin crispy crust. I also believe it was cooked in stead of being fried in a pan. I was amazed that even this simple peasant-meal could've been corrupted. Finally I ordered a dessert because I still was hungry and thought that a dessert can't be that difficult. I ordered an apfelstrudel. Surely this is something that can't go wrong... A glorified applepie which is a traditional German sweet. But I was wrong. Oh boy, was I wrong. The applepie was not sweet at all. The dough wasn't crusty and it tasted like eating a piece of paper. When in Bacharach Germany: do not visit this place!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Tom V
Denmark
“Small and cozy with excellent flod and service”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We are a family of five that stumbled upon this ever so quaint restaurant. We had the traditional bauerenomelet. The kids ate everything on their plates! Owner was very nice and chatty! Very nice!