“Just what I wanted !!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Just what I wanted !!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

While searching for a restaurant to meet my mom's "something different " request, I stumbled upon this gem on trip advisor. Everything you read is true!! It was delicious! We sat outside on their perfect patio but above all else their service was impeccable! I felt like a princess. I never had to request a thing, the water was always full, the apps and main course had wonderful timing. I had better service than when dining at the Jefferson in Richmond. Must try! It's the prefect blend of Japanese and Thai!

Hampton, Virginia
“Great Find!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant is a gem! The food is excellent, great selection including some Japanese and Korean specialties. The sushi rolls are priced fantastic for the quantity (12 roll pieces for $12) and delicious! My husband had curry, which he loved. I had a seafood special with soft shell crab and sweet and sour sauce with fresh cilantro. Delicious! We will definitely return for our next Thai craving!

Visited April 2014
“Great authentic food and even better service :-)”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to dine at this restaurant over the weekend for something different and I am sure glad we did. We knew the food had to be good with the seating being full with a 30 minute wait. We sat at the bar and the bartender was more than accomodating with the drink menu and served delicious cocktails. The hostess, bartender and waitress gave outstanding service with a smile :-) I tried Chicken Pad Thai along with the vegetarian rolls and they were scrumptious! He had a dumpling appetizer with a japanese dish and was more than pleased. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants great authentic food, wonderful service and exceptional atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
Ashland, Oregon
“Always great food and service”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I and our two adult children had dinner at Thaijindesu on a recent Saturday evening. We have eaten here before and loved it. We were all very pleased this time, as well. The food was hot, fresh, and delicious. Our daughter had sushi, my son-in-law had a stir fry. I had the Siamese Fried Rice and my wife had the red curry. Everybody in our party loved their food. Before the entree we shared the appetizer sampler. We will be back. Why go elsewhere?

Visited January 2014
Vienna, VA
“Pretty good Thai”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food our dinner party experienced. Normally I am hesitant to try ethnic food outside major urban regions with a significant ethnic representation. But, TripAdvisor reviewers came through yet again. The fish (Thaijin sweet and sour), duck (Basil Duck), and Pad Se Eew were very good. The green curry was somewhat disappointing lacking some curry flavor and was more like a Panang curry that uses coconut milk to mellow out the heat without losing much flavor. The surprise of the evening was the Tofu Soup. The depth of the vegetable broth was highly pleasing to the palate while the assortment of veggies gave the soup some freshness. The mango & sticky rice dessert was good. The golden banana dessert was just okay. Service is very good. Parking is easy. I did not try any of the Japanese menu items. One of my tenets for eating out is trying to discern the kitchen's best dishes. After seeing the Thai buddha and Thai ethnicity of the wait staff, we stuck with Thai selections. If you like more heat, request the hot sauce tray with a selection of ways to up the heat. I did not try to ask for more heat though some Thai restaurants offer "Thai hot" which I do not recommend unless you genuinely have an affinity for heat or are accustomed to home-cooked cuisine with very high heat levels (e.g., Jamaican, Korean).

• Visited December 2013