“Yummy food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thaijindesu

Thaijindesu
Ranked #13 of 454 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Norfolk, Virginia
“Yummy food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great Thai food and excellent atmosphere - feels very elegant (even though you can come dressed casually) respectful, and zen.

I've eaten here twice, once inside in the evening, and yesterday at an outdoor table for an early girlfriend dinner in lovely weather. Service was great, too. You can run the gamut as far as what you spend...go all out and spend hundreds, or, as we did last evening, choose some lovely veggie main courses and an appetizer, under $30 for two.

• Visited August 2013

Newport News, Virginia
“Quality Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

A cut above most of the Thai restaurants in our area. It is slightly pricier but served high quality food. The time we were there, the table next to us was filled with Buddhist monks who were getting a lot more attention than everyone else in the place. They were presented with a true feast - made me a bit jealous.

The workers were very nice. I'd recommend this one.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had group dinner here while on business in Newport News. I must say this is one of the best Thai meals I have ever had. The food is A++++.

• Visited July 2013
North Salt Lake, Utah
“Authentic Asian Fusion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Thaijindesu. I eat there every time I am in Williamsburg. It is a perfect fusion of Thai and Japanese food with a contemporary, modern ambiance and atmosphere. The owner is often making the sushi himself. I am from Japan and the sushi is the BEST I have ever had in the U.S. as it is fresh and divine! I usually order the sushi roll combo for only $15 which is a steal. The presentation of the dishes including the sushi are immaculate. The service is very professional, friendly, and efficient. It's a great gathering place for a group of friends out on the town or a romantic date with your spouse. The modern, yet authentic decor brings to life the fine dining experience!

• Visited April 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“Best in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been to Thaijindesu 3 times now, and have not been disappointed. Both the Thai and Japanese dishes are fresh and very good. My wife ordered the sashimi dinner, and the fish was all tender and delicious. I had the woon sen which was a large portion with excellent vegetables and noodles, highlighted by large shrimp and chicken. The décor is very nice and more upscale than many of the Thai restaurants that I have visited on the peninsula. Definitely worth a try for a date night, or even office lunch.

• Visited July 2013