“O dear!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Greater London, United Kingdom
“O dear!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My experience at Plaza Azteca in Newport News was terrible!
I went last year with family and the experience was totally awful from the very beginning.

We had to ask 3 times where our drinks were and it got to point that it was embarrassing!
The lady who was taking our order suddenly said that she was due a break and suddenly walked off..... then we got somebody else who didn't know what was going on and seemed rather spaced out.... maybe this is because we came in for a late lunch or something, I don't know!!

I am a Mexican food lover but the food in this restaurant was borderline inedible!
I had asked what the dish was when I ordered it and it was described as a mix of potato, beans and vegetables (I'm veggie).... and it sounded lovely!
However, it came as 3 completely different items (which I was not told about at the time of ordering) - one was a bean filling and that was actually very nice but the second was a very salty mash potato filling and the third was a very sickly, salty and heavy melted cheese filling and it had the texture of glue!!!

Needless to say I didn't eat much and put it down to experience... never to go to Plaza Azteca ever again!
What a shame and probably due to the time of day that we went??

• Visited October 2012

“Best Mexican food in town.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The food is great. The language barrier will sometimes affect your order, but its worth the risk. The margarita's are good too.

• Visited May 2013
Hertford, North Carolina
“Love this food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

You can ask that it not be spicy and it is a little but not over bearing. I love mexican food but my belly does not like the spicy. So I can go here and still come out with out the belly problem. People are great , love the atmospher. Over it is a great place to eat.

Visited April 2013
newport news
“Good Food & Good service!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We go to Plaza Azteca frequently and it is officially on our family approved list of local restaurants... reliable and fast. We tend to go in the middle of the week and see fewer crowds. The Dos Equis on draft always pleases and the chips are plentiful and replenished quickly. I love the chicken fajita salad which is so good on its own I don't use the dressing provided, lots of grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, onions; fresh & delicious. My son & husband are more conservative with their choices but are always happy with their choice. The servers are friendly & enjoy when my husband speaks Spanish. The management recognized last week that we come often and provided us a nice little treat as a surprise. We'll go back.

• Visited March 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Consistently good”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have been going to this restaurant for a number of years. I think it has actually improved over time...fresher food and healthier options. The guacamole made at your table is delicious. The margarita selection is really good too.

• Visited August 2012