“Slow service means bad management”
Review of Fiorello Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Fiorello Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 64
Description: When you are in the mood for good times and great cuisine be sure to check out Fiorello Ristorante Italiano. The menu at Fiorello feature a wide array of great selections made from the freshest and highest quality ingredients. Fiorello has established itself as one of the area favorite culinary destinations and is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Don’t forget to relax on our outdoor patio with an espresso or cappuccino and enjoy some of our homemade cannoli or tiramisu.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Im not a fan of this place. We went there once just to try it out and the service was extremely slow even though there were only a few other tables. The food was marginal at best (no flavor). And the prices were completely unreasonable for the product. The "share fee" is ridiculous especially when you are having a few glasses of wine. We will not go back.

1  Thank edward d
There are newer reviews for Fiorello Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Buyer Beware: There is a $5.99 'SHARE' fee added to your bill if the number of guests is more than the number of entrées ordered. The manager seemed to prefer his $5.99 over receiving repeat business and good reviews.
The food itself was very good and the service was attentive (but failed to mention the fee) but I cannot recommend a restaurant that extorts money from their customers in this manner.

1  Thank Sailor6651
giacOmO52_10, Owner at Fiorello Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Sir, I am replying to your comment because you are accusing us to steal $ 5.99. When you were ordering your meals you asked so many questions to the server regarding the size of the food and if a plate was enough to feed 2 persons. This is showing me that you were trying to get the most food for less money.The server advise you for the sharing fee and it is also in the menu. For 4 adults you ordered 2 meals and 1 kid portionn and you requested 4 salads. Note that for each meal you would get 1 free salad ( not for a kid meal). I approached you table twice asking how was the food and the service and the answer was " food and service are fantastic". When you received your check (using your restaurant.com gift certificate) you told the server to speak to the owner. I returned to your table and nicely I explaine that you had 4 salads for the sharing and I was not chgarging for the 2 extra salads and gave you the choice either to pay for the sharing or the 2 salads. But your answer was " If you would like me to come back I do not want to pay neither the sharing or the salads". If a customer doesn't like a meal I am willing to void it or replace for another one. But this was not your case since you cleaned your dishes. I appeciate your patronage and I hope you understand the situation
Giacomo Bertuglia, Owner

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Average Food and Average Service...decor seems a bit outdated.
Staff was friendly.

Not sure what all the hype is about.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was looking for good Italian on the peninsula, and found the reviews on Fiorello's and decided to give it a try. Overall my wife and I were very pleased, and it was certainly some of the best Italian I have had on this side of the water. The calamari was excellent, while the caprese salad was a bit odd with olives overpowering the flavor on the plate. My wife had the Salmon Grigliato, and enjoyed it, but felt the risotto was a bit salty. I had the veal scaloppini and it was very good, and something I could see ordering again. The service left a bit to be desired. I do recommend making a reservation, simply because it is a small place and can fill up quickly, I did make a reservation, but when we got there the hostess was unclear what table might be ours, so there seemed to be some lapses in communication. I would definitely go back if I am looking for some Italian for dinner, or lunch.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Fiorello Ristorante Italiano was one of my choices on a recent trip to Hampton VA, and although it's a hotel restaurant (Holiday Inn) I was not disappointed. I started my meal with an excellent antipasti sampler that included meats, cheese, artichokes, and grilled red pepper -- large for one person but perfect for two. My main course was Gnocchi Al Salmone -- gnocchi with salmon in a tomato cream sauce -- rich and well-prepared. Before the appetizer, I had some wonderful garlic rolls, and after it as well I must admit, all complemented with a very nice Italian pinot grigio. Don't be put off by a "hotel restaurant" -- this is very good Italian restaurant. Moreover, they take reservations on OpenTable, which is always a plus!