“Hidden Charm...Don't let the Hotel Location Deter You!”
Review of Fiorello Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Fiorello Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 64
Description: When you are in the mood for good times and great cuisine be sure to check out Fiorello Ristorante Italiano. The menu at Fiorello feature a wide array of great selections made from the freshest and highest quality ingredients. Fiorello has established itself as one of the area favorite culinary destinations and is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Don’t forget to relax on our outdoor patio with an espresso or cappuccino and enjoy some of our homemade cannoli or tiramisu.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am staying at this hotel and would have passed over this "hotel restaurant" in a heartbeat if it were not for the excellent TripAdvisor reviews. Thank goodness I did not - it is excellent.

Homeade pasta, breads, sauces...delicious. I had the special which was a spinach fettucini noodle with scallops and shrimp in a garlic olive oil. I was disappointed the raved about lemon vinagarette is no longer being made - why on earth would you eliminate something so popular in your reviews? So I passed on a salad. Service was excellent. Darker romantic atmosphere. The best thing was the Spanish vocal music being played - wonder if anyone noticed it was not Italian...laughing Julio Iglesias sounds good anywhere though right?

1  Thank Filipendulous

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Best Italian restaurant we have found on the Tidewater Peninsula!
From the moment you enter and are greeted cordially by the proprietor, Giaccamo (or "Jack"), you will enjoy the ambience of this lovely spot. Do not be deterred by its location adjacent to a Holiday Inn--this is NOT a Holiday Inn restaurant!!
We have lunched here twice and both times we've walked away full and happy! Expect it to be much more crowded at dinner time after the hotel patrons find it, so a reservation would be in order. At lunch we had Jack almost all to ourselves.
The food is outstanding! Our salads came cold, crisp and fresh. The garlic bread is homemade and mouth-watering. My wife loves the Fiorello Pizza, and my lasagna was freshly made and scrumptious. We'll be back with friends to share this gem!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had heard good things about Fiorello so I decided to check it out. I checked their website and saw that they are open until 10, so I arrived at about 7:50. I sat at the bar, where I was almost immediately informed that the kitchen was about to close and that I should place my order as soon as possible. Turns out they close at 8 on Sundays. I placed my food order and then ordered a drink. They did not have some basic bar ingredients required for my drink, so I settled for a beer. My entree arrived with no sign or mention of the salad that should have preceded it. I also had no silverware or napkin. I had to ask for the salad, silverware, and napkin.

The food was very good, but the service just killed it for me. The servers were nice enough, but they failed in their duties as servers. I did receive a sincere apology from the server who brought my salad (not my server). Other than that, I saw no sign of anyone being aware of their mistakes and poor service. I will not be returning to Fiorello.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The staff at Fiorello were very pleasant and accommodating. With our large group, they took care of every request, and made sure everyone was satisfied. They really should be acknowledged, especially the gentleman with the black hoop earrings in his earlobes that fascinated our team. Thank you!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The waitstaff was extremely slow. We waited for what seemed like an eternity before the server came and she disappeared several times before bringing our bread and taking our order. Despite the HUGE potential, since this is a privately owned restaurant, the food was expensive and the service was poor. This may be due to a lack of managerial presence. I say stick to the larger chains where the waitstaff are held accountable and the food is consistent. This place is mediocre at best.