“Sing a song Smokers dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sand Bar & Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sand Bar & Grill
Ranked #308 of 454 Restaurants in Newport News
Chesapeake
“Sing a song Smokers dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hey I am not a smoker but if you are this is the place for you. Come in sing some karaoke and light up.

Visited October 2013

South China, Maine
“Nice Watering Hole”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This place, Although just a basic Bar & Grill has a lot to offer. The Beers are cold, The service is great and the Hot Wings are perfect. There's pool tables, Bar games and Dart boards. The atmosphere is a little hard to take if your a non smoker like me. I can only stay in there so long because of the smoke. Your clothes will stink when you leave there and your lungs will be full......I would have rated this place better if the air was a little cleaner in there...But....It is a Bar after all....

• Visited March 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“BAD Customer Service/ Dirty Little Hole In The Wall”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I just left this place not even 30 minutes ago. When I walked in it smelled of heavy smoke from the attached bar! There was no one there to greet me, I stood there for about 5 minutes before any one came out. When the woman came out she acted like she was not pleased to see me, I asked if she had any lunch specials and she just rudely pointed to the two boards and said "this & this". I didn't want what they had to offer for the "special", so I ordered fish and chips. It was disgusting! filled with grease, when I bit into the pre-frozen fish fillet grease squirted into my mouth, the hush puppies were burned and the onion rings were not very flavorful, actually none of it was seasoned, just thrown into the grease and into the box. There was butter in my box ???? that was half opened. I wouldn't reccommend this place to my worst enemy. I am feeling extremely sick from all of the grease I consumed. This place is horrible!!

• Visited September 2012
Santee, South Carolina
“Friendly staff, great food and bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Worked in Va. for a year and a half...this was one of our favorite hangouts. The food was always good, service was fast and friendly. Bar prices were good and just a fun place to hangout. Shannon was one of the bartenders there and such a hoot to be around. We stop in each time we get back in the area. Stopped in just last night and so much bacon on my BLT it was hard to find the lettuce and tomatoe....what a great sandwhich!

• Visited June 2012
Hampton Roads
“Fantastic variety of food...great for lunch with friends!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

We had a great experience at Sandbar! Their menu is extensive...so much to choose from! I went with 4 friends and we all LOVED our food.