“BAD Customer Service/ Dirty Little Hole In The Wall”
Review of Sand Bar & Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sand Bar & Grill
Ranked #306 of 456 Restaurants in Newport News
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“BAD Customer Service/ Dirty Little Hole In The Wall”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I just left this place not even 30 minutes ago. When I walked in it smelled of heavy smoke from the attached bar! There was no one there to greet me, I stood there for about 5 minutes before any one came out. When the woman came out she acted like she was not pleased to see me, I asked if she had any lunch specials and she just rudely pointed to the two boards and said "this & this". I didn't want what they had to offer for the "special", so I ordered fish and chips. It was disgusting! filled with grease, when I bit into the pre-frozen fish fillet grease squirted into my mouth, the hush puppies were burned and the onion rings were not very flavorful, actually none of it was seasoned, just thrown into the grease and into the box. There was butter in my box ???? that was half opened. I wouldn't reccommend this place to my worst enemy. I am feeling extremely sick from all of the grease I consumed. This place is horrible!!

• Visited September 2012

Santee, South Carolina
“Friendly staff, great food and bar”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Worked in Va. for a year and a half...this was one of our favorite hangouts. The food was always good, service was fast and friendly. Bar prices were good and just a fun place to hangout. Shannon was one of the bartenders there and such a hoot to be around. We stop in each time we get back in the area. Stopped in just last night and so much bacon on my BLT it was hard to find the lettuce and tomatoe....what a great sandwhich!

• Visited June 2012
Hampton Roads
“Fantastic variety of food...great for lunch with friends!”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We had a great experience at Sandbar! Their menu is extensive...so much to choose from! I went with 4 friends and we all LOVED our food.