Tripadvisor

Straight Outta Philly
Order Online
Ranked #97 of 537 Restaurants in Newport News
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I stopped here on my way home from a medical visit. Fortunately I ordered the 8" cheese steak and not the 12 inch. I ordered the spicy one with onion and green pepper. It came hot and ready with a side order of onion rings. I have to say that I've had better rings, but the cheese steak was super - hot (both kinds) and overflowing. I really could not finish it. Interesting design - will Route 66 featured - a long way from Philly. I may well come again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

Just off Rte 17, we stopped in while traveling. Cute little retro inspired place with delicious cheese steaks! I had the chicken, my husband had the steak- both great!. Good prices and fast service too. We'll make it a regular stop on our way through.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

I had a massive philly cheesesteak here and it was delicious. The fries I ordered were hot and salted just right.
The cheesesteak was HUGE and overflowing the bun.. biggest ever.
The interior could use some work but it was acceptable.....

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

THE BEST SUB PLACE IN NEWPORT NEWS... food is always well done and the staff are very friendly I highly recommend this place for good eats!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Great Italian subs and more all over stuffed and cooked to perfection. As a Pennsylvania transplant to the peninsula, this place is right up my alley. Service is good, eat in or carry out, doesn't matter it is all worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018