“Good food & good prices”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #6 of 464 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a step above the usual sports bar/restaurant. The prices
are very good and the portions are large. Service was excellent.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

A brisk walk from Comfort Inn gave us our exercise. We were greeted by friendly faces and was seated immediately. The food (several dishes) we chose was excellent. Our waitress was great. When we come back to Newport News, we will be eating at Cheddars.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The food was nasty and drinks where watered down the waitress was very nice and she smiled a lot but I could not even finish my meal it was horrible idk if it was because it was late but I would not come back.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Inn across the way from Cheddars and needed a place to chow down so we decided to try it. I must say, it was quite packed but the wait wasn't long at all.. maybe 10 minutes even though the server said it would be about 20-25 minutes. Our server, think her name was Tiffany, was THE BEST!!!!! we had a problem with our appetizer and she was on point, got a fresh one out to us in no time and also took it off the bill. You must try the Wisconsin Cheddar Bites.. OMG a million times better than plain ol' mozzarella sticks. Our dinners were plentiful and we definitely had no room for dessert. I know we will be back on our next trip to Newport News.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great food for a great price. Their texas margarita and painkiller drinks are really good and really cheap, maybe $4-$5. The chicken tenders are really good, but during my most recent visit I had the grilled salmon and that was amazing too. The outside patio is great on warm nights !