“Large Portions With Good Prices”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #6 of 456 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Large Portions With Good Prices”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

When we lived in Illinois we did visit the Cheddar restaurant frequently for their chicken strips. My wife again ordered the strips and they where as in the past large quantity, the plate is full with the sides. My son ordered the fried chicken steak with mashed potatoes also a good choice.

My daughter in law ordered the chicken pot pie and she likes the pot pie with melted American cheese on top and sure enough it had the cheese on top but it looked strange to me. I ordered the Baby Back ribs because of the narrative in the menu and it sounded good, but I was disappointed it was dry and taste less. But I was the only one that had a not to par meal.

Service was good, quantity of food good and a good value for your money.

• Visited September 2013

Virginia
“Very nice.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I went there for my wife's birthday; she loves it there. We don't go there too often, maybe once every year or so.
My wife always gets the beer battered shrimp.
During my last visit we shared a shrimp and crab meat dip (very cheesy, and good. I had the steak and ribs with mashed potatoes.
They used Montreal seasoning on the steak. I ordered medium and my steak was medium rare, tough and chewy. Maybe it has been frozen? The ribs were good, the BBQ sauce was a little tangy or zesty (but was nice) but the membrane was still on the ribs.
The mashed potatoes were a little on the salty side but were delicious.
The overall diner was very good although we had our drinks at the same time as the appetizer and we had our main course while we were still eating our appetizer.
I like the giant leaf fan on the ceiling that turns like a rotisserie.
Staff was courteous and our waiter checked on us often.
I recommend going there, the food is good and the portions are more than adequate.
The meal was around $35 which isn't bad at all.

• Visited September 2013
“Great place”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I kept driving past here and it was always crowded so one night we decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was wonderful and a great value. This is a good place to go if you are on a budget or are trying to feed a family. We ordered the chicken pot pie which was absolutely wonderful and the grilled chicken with rice and vegetables was moist and really good!

• Visited August 2013
Palm Coast, Florida
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Restaurant serves a number inexpensive drinks (for example $3.50 mararitas that are large size drinks) and has an extensive menu. The half rack of ribs (St. Louis style) was very good as was the BBQ chicken. Lots of other things on the menu, .the monster cookie desert was a very large chocolate chip cookie with two scoops of ice cream and chocolate syrup and whip cream for $4.49 was large enough for two people.

• Visited August 2013
Elyria, Ohio
“Excellent meal/service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We visited this restaurant on July 13th. The restaurant parking lot was almost full when we arrived for dinner and we were expecting a long wait. Upon checking in we did have to wait but only about 10 minutes. We had an excellent waitress, her name is Stephanie. She was attentive to our table, ensuring drinks were refilled as necessary and that our order was good. As a party of five we had a varied selection of food, pasta alfredo, steak, ribs and seafood. All were excellent and well prepared. Would definitely visit this restaurant again and most importantly would wait to have Stephanie as our waitress. Outstanding.

• Visited July 2013