“A Hidden Hole with Lots of Potential” 5 of 5 stars

Hoss's Deli
Ranked #57 of 447 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Delicatessen
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Richmond, Virginia
“A Hidden Hole with Lots of Potential”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Unless you are a biker, this is a place you will not hear or be told about it. It is located off I 64, in Newport News not far from the Highway. The place was recommended by a friend of mine. I went there for a specific reason: Their summer fest officially kicked off with two 80s rock/heavy metal bands. The names of the bands are: Krunch and White Trash Circus. The band members really ROCKED. They played 80s favorite tunes plus recent songs. The singers were awesome.
Service is fast. They have pool tables which is always a plus. I didn't try their menu. The crowd is decent. To my surprise I did not notice any intoxicated patron, unless they know how to hide it. Please, check their website for upcoming events. I will definitely visit again. It's a fun place to be.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We did take out so I can't comment on the atmosphere, although my husband did come back to the car immediately and tell me it was a bar and not a deli (I found the restaurant searching on Tripadvisor). We gave it a try and were really glad we did. Got Italian, roast beef and tuna subs and they were delicious. My husband loves a good Italian sub and he said several times how great it was (and he is hard to please). Not sure I would take the kids there based on other reviews, but would definitely do take out again.

• Visited May 2014
newport news, va
“Road King Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Must have this burger, enough for two if you want to share. Well worth the price. You won't be disappointed.

Yorktown, Virginia
“A Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I have driven past this place on my way to work a million times. On the advice of several people, went there with friends at lunch. The atmosphere is definitely laid back/ casual/ upscale biker bar. The staff very friendly and attentive. The food is amazing!! Great burgers, seafood, awesome beer specials. I was super impressed and will definitely be going back!! Yum!

Hamilton Square, New Jersey
“One of the best biker bars around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

As far as biker bars are concerned, this would have to be one of my favorites. Great happy hour. Lots of different beers on draught. They even serve Boulevard's Tank 7 beer in a 32 oz mug. Most places only let you get up to 10 oz at a time due to the high alcohol content. They cater to all crowds. If you like seafood, ribs, burgers, wings, fries or even if you're vegetarian, there's something for you. I had the Burl's Crab Balls which were very good. Also had the cheese bread, and cheesy fries. Ran out of room for the crab legs or shrimp. Close enough to the Country Inn & Suites where we were staying so we could walk and not have to worry about how much we had to drink. Nice outdoor patio to relax or have a cigar. Bikes only allowed in the back. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

• Visited August 2013