“A Diamond in the Rough”

Dining options: Late Night
Yorktown, Virginia
“A Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I have driven past this place on my way to work a million times. On the advice of several people, went there with friends at lunch. The atmosphere is definitely laid back/ casual/ upscale biker bar. The staff very friendly and attentive. The food is amazing!! Great burgers, seafood, awesome beer specials. I was super impressed and will definitely be going back!! Yum!

Hamilton Square, New Jersey
“One of the best biker bars around”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

As far as biker bars are concerned, this would have to be one of my favorites. Great happy hour. Lots of different beers on draught. They even serve Boulevard's Tank 7 beer in a 32 oz mug. Most places only let you get up to 10 oz at a time due to the high alcohol content. They cater to all crowds. If you like seafood, ribs, burgers, wings, fries or even if you're vegetarian, there's something for you. I had the Burl's Crab Balls which were very good. Also had the cheese bread, and cheesy fries. Ran out of room for the crab legs or shrimp. Close enough to the Country Inn & Suites where we were staying so we could walk and not have to worry about how much we had to drink. Nice outdoor patio to relax or have a cigar. Bikes only allowed in the back. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

• Visited August 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
“Not your average biker bar”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yes, Hoss's IS a biker bar. We knew that coming into this. That being said, it's not what you would expect from a biker bar. It is worn and rough around the edges - no art deco or crisp white tablecloths here, and one of the servers actually dropped the "s" bomb as she walked past our table - but the food is well-priced and the seafood selection is surprisingly good. I ordered the scallops and shrimp - both were perfectly cooked, but I found the seasoning way too spicy for my taste. I almost couldn't finish my order because of it. Next time I'll ask if they can tone it down. My husband's hamburger was amazing - I can't wait to try one myself. We'll come back again with these lessons learned.

• Visited May 2013
Tidewater Virginia
“Why is some of the best food in NN @ a biker / sports bar?”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the past 3 years. Great burgers, surprisingly good seafood and other well prepared dishes.

It is the only place I have had grilled scallops so tender you can cut them with a plastic fork. Hands down they beat most of the "Seafood" restaurants on the peninsula. Big juicy burgers cooked to order. Once again beat the competition (Red Robin, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Ruby Tuesdays). Beer battered onion rings. Massive nachos supreme.

I call it a biker bar, because they do cater to bikers in the back, the unfinished concrete floor and license plates on the walls, sports bar because of the TVs everywhere. The waitresses wear tight tops which adds to the non family oriented atmosphere. Not a place for romantic evening. Live bands some evenings, so it can get loud.

About 20 beers on tap, another 40 or so in bottles or cans and mixed drinks.

• Visited May 2013
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Food was so so. Won't be back. Nachos which should be a no brainer was
Just not good if I were alone I would have sent them back. End of story