“Gross Turkey Sandwich”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #269 of 471 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: As the original casual dining bar and grill, TGI Fridays℠ offers authentic American food and legendary drinks, served with genuine personal service.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The restaurant was fairly empty during lunch time. The restroom had a bad odor of dampness and dirty bleach water. My turkey and swiss sandwich was covered in too much mayo to eat. The turkey could have come out of any grocery store package and was dripping some sort of water that made the already stale bread soggy. My salad was edible.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Came here soaking wet from a huge rain storm that had just passed through and the manager immediately offered us hot chocolate. It was perfect! My husband and I had the Jack Daniel's Burger. The kids had items from the kids menu. All of our food was great and if we are in the area again we will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I had ate here last week on a Tuesday, or Wednesday... we got there around 6 and the hostess had opened the door for us and there was another that promptly took us to our table in the back corner where Cody would become our server. He got us our drinks very quickly, and when we weren't ready to order, he was patient and offered to check back on us. Eventually he came back for our order and we both chose an appetizer since neither of us were very hungry. The food was good as usual, and the service was great. Got refills before we needed to ask, towards the end he picked up that we both work at restaurants, he chatted with us and told us how he wanted to move towards bartending. (That's my occupation) he seems like he was willing, and could excel at it. Hope he makes it there soon. Anyway, we had a great time, and will hopefully be returning soon.

Cheers
JP

Reviewed July 9, 2012

food and service were wonderful and it was so cool inside, nice break from the heat

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Friday's is Friday's as far as the food goes. Everytime we have been there the food has been fine. Their service on the other hand is horrible. I don't give up on a place for one bad night. I worked in the restaurant business for years, and understand that some night might be off. Not the case here, the wait staff is just really bad. We've tried this Friday's out 3 times over the last few months, and have had to deal with surley waitresses. We sat at our table for 15 minutes with empty drinks while our waitress sat in a booth chatting with what I assume were friends. When she finally came to check on us, she did so with a noticable attitude. I've had similar issues @ this Friday's 3 times now. Do yourself a favor and go to one of the similar restaurants close by.