“Great steaks, wine, and service!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Schlesinger's Steakhouse

Schlesinger's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Schlesinger's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 441 Restaurants in Newport News
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loftis Blvd
Description: Serving dinner nightly, signature entrées include the kind of Prime Steaks found only in the finest steak and chophouses in the country. Other popular entrées include the Steak Schlesinger (our version of Steak Oscar), Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, a Tuna Mignon and South African Rock Lobster Tails. Schlesinger's also offers lunch Monday-Saturday 11-2:30pm and Sunday Brunch Buffet 11-2:30pm.Private Rooms for groups up to 40.
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great steaks, wine, and service!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We went for anniversary dinner and was very impressed. The wine list is very well put together and is not overwhelming. The service was top notch, and the steaks were perfectly done and flavored.

The prices are high, but worth the treat for certain occasions!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars

Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I always have trouble getting the right temperature for my steak. This was no exception. My choice was medium well, slightly pink and it came out well done. That ruined the meal for me. Service was excellent and I probably could have sent it back with no problem so it's my bad. Sides and appetizers were wonderful as well as dessert. Everyone in my party enjoyed their meal.

Visited May 2014
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Schlesinger's Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. We value the remarks left by our guests as we use their feedback to make improvements every day.
I am glad to read that you found the service excellent and found the salads, appetizers, and dessert to be wonderful. I am sorry to read however that you found your steak to be too well done for your liking. If ever unhappy with anything at Schlesinger's, we hope our guests will let us know when they dine so we may take immediate action to correct the issue. We are happy to replace any errant item expediently, so our guests leave satisfied. With regard to steak temperature, we ask our guests to cut into their steaks while we illuminate the steak with a light so we can ensure that our guests have just what they wish for. We know that some guests may regard steak temperature slightly differently than the steakhouse standard, so we use this step to see that the steak is prepared just how you prefer. If ever a steak is not just as you wish, please let us know when you are here and we are happy to re-cook or further cook a steak should you so desire.
We hope you will join us again at Schlesinger's so that we might have another opportunity to serve you a steak as perfectly prepared as it is served.
Jessica Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Always A Top Notch Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is my go to restaurant for business and for enjoying friends. Their steaks are top of the line... and lots of choices (they have good seafood and other dishes... but... it IS a Steakhouse!!... take advantage.). Don't miss their signature Schlesinger Potato dish. Staff is very attentive even when they are very busy. Wine list is good with some super wines (red for me) that don't break the bank. Portions are ample, so don't fill up on their great bread and sweet butter and miss room for desert!!

• Visited May 2014
California
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I took my husband out to Schlesinger's for a birthday dinner last week. What a fantastic dining experience! We usually travel to Virginia Beach when we want a nice steak dinner, but now that we know about Schlesinger's, there will be no need to travel. As we had reservations, we were greeted and seated right away. Their wine list is quite extensive, but I loved that there was a wide range of bottles that are in a reasonably priced range ($30-$50). Our waiter, Jim, was extremely attentive and friendly. We started with the scallops appetizer, which was cooked and seasoned perfectly and lasted maybe about 2 minutes! For dinner, we both had filet mignon, which was cooked to perfection, which Jim made sure of before he left us to begin our meal by asking us to cut in to our steaks. Potato side selections were aplenty and the ones that we tried were exceptional. Jim brought out a birthday cupcake for my husband at the end of the meal, as I had requested when I made my reservation. It was a top notch meal from start to finish. We're only sad that we didn't find this place sooner. Since this is a top notch steakhouse, you can expect top notch steakhouse prices, so it might not be a place that you can visit week after week, but it's definitely our new favorite place for special occasions and it's close by, which we love. If you want a top notch meal with top notch service, this is your place.

• Visited May 2014
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Enjoyed the experience for an early dinner this afternoon. I was seated quickly and treated as if I was the only one in the place. I thought it was odd that they asked for my last name but to my surprise I was address by my last name throughout my meal. John was very attentive to my needs. I ordered the ribeye. It was cooked perfectly and I'm pretty sure I could have cut it with a butter knife.

• Visited April 2014