“Good Spot for Special Occasions”

Schlesinger's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Schlesinger's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 454 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loftis Blvd
Description: Serving dinner nightly, signature entrées include the kind of Prime Steaks found only in the finest steak and chophouses in the country. Other popular entrées include the Steak Schlesinger (our version of Steak Oscar), Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, a Tuna Mignon and South African Rock Lobster Tails. Schlesinger's also offers lunch Monday-Saturday 11-2:30pm and Sunday Brunch Buffet 11-2:30pm.Private Rooms for groups up to 40.
Yorktown, Virginia
“Good Spot for Special Occasions”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Schlesinger's Saturday. Great menu with lots of great choices. I had she crab soup and rib eye steak while my wife had salad and stuffed shrimp. We both enjoyed our meals and regularly dine at Schlesinger's.

• Visited January 2014

Newport News, Virginia
“Great atmosphere and fantastic food!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Although the restaurant was busy all day, our food at lunchtime was satisfying and the service was very good! I'll be back!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Greenakrz
“Simply Scrumptious!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have to say this is the best meal I've had in a long time! Everything about this meal was exceptional - taste, texture, variety, and seasoned to perfection! I ordered the stuffed Grouper (with backfin crabmeat) and corn (fresh from the cob) with a mixture of sauteed onions and a subtly spicy sauce (that delivered a pleasant punch to your palate) with a side baked potatoe (accompanied by sour cream and chives). I had a Baileys with coffee to finish. A dream meal! Each year at the holiday season, me and my best girlfriend (the one who knows all of my secrets) choose a great restaurant in which to recap the year! We were seated in a room near the rear of the restaurant closest to the fireplace. Service was great!

• Visited December 2013
Waimea, Hawaii
“Good spot for a group”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate here at lunchtime, following my mother's funeral service with a large family group. We were seated in the Jackson Room - ironic as that was mother's last name - and service was good overall, although there were a couple of small glitches, which can happen with a large group. Quality of the food seemed good and the price was fair, particularly in comparison to prices in my home state of Hawaii. Restaurant is attractive, the private rooms comfortable and spacious, although I did feel sorry for the diners who were seated in there with us as the lunch crowd grew. Service was adequate to good and everyone seemed to have enjoyed their luncheon choices. House wine was more than adequate, although the pour is a bit scant.

• Visited October 2013
“Good Steak”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Very good (beside expensive) Steak, Kobe was excellent. Service OK, serving the wine like cocacola, serving from left, crossing the lane,.. etc, but really competent and nice.

• Visited September 2013
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Schlesinger's Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that enjoyed the steak at Schlesinger's, and found the staff overall competent. I am sorry, however if we had some performance issues with the details of service. This is highly unusual here at Schlesinger's, and I would like to offer our apologies. If it is not too much trouble, might you send an email with your contact information so I may offer our apologies in a more personal and direct manner? My email is opus.jess@yahoo.com. Please reference code TA-9-19 in your reply so I will know to which review your response refers. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your reply.
Jessica Smith