“Excellent every time”

Schlesinger's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Schlesinger's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 460 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loftis Blvd
Description: Serving dinner nightly, signature entrées include the kind of Prime Steaks found only in the finest steak and chophouses in the country. Other popular entrées include the Steak Schlesinger (our version of Steak Oscar), Lump Crab Cakes, a Tuna Mignon and South African Rock Lobster Tails. Schlesinger's also offers lunch Monday-Saturday 11-2:30pm and Sunday Brunch Buffet 11-2:30pm.Private Rooms for groups up to 40.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Schlesinger's for years to celebrate anniversaries/special occasions. The food has always been top-notch, and our servers have always been friendly and attentive. The main courses are delicious, but my favorite aspects are the little details-- the delicious honey-butter that accompanies the bread basket, and the garlic mashed potatoes that come with a small, homemade waffle-cut potato chip as a garnish. Though they are minor details, they are ones that enhance the dining experience. My husband's steak has always been cooked to his liking, and I love their vegetable pasta dish. I highly recommend the Riesling!

There are newer reviews for Schlesinger's Steakhouse

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went their for my husbands 50th birthday. It was very a very good experience. The waitress was very knowledgable and answered every question we had. Ask for ERIN if you decide to dine here. The food is pricey but very tasty. The steak you can cut wwith a fork. The crabcakes were my favorite. There was no filler, all crab meat...yum. It is a nice place for special occasions.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had one of their $10 lunch specials, oysters and cobb salad. It had about 10 oysters, they were smalls, but very tasty. Salad was generic, lettuce, tomatoes, egg, bacon, cucumber, but the balsamic dressing was very good. The fresh bread was also very good. Carol provided great, personable service. The only thing I did not like, was the decor was little to fancy for me. But, that is not something to complain about.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Three of us had dinner at this steakhouse. All of us got a steak with one cooked well done, nonetheless our medium rare, medium, and well done steaks all arrived at the same time and cooked to our preference.

The steaks were very good, well prepared and served on very hot plates to keep them warm.

There was another comment about seafood, we had their crab cakes as an appetizer and it was cool not hot. That struck me as odd and the reason I give them a very good.

The environment is quite nice and conducive to conversation.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I took business associates to Schlesinger's today on a special occasion . We ordered softshell crabs. Great service. But I have never in my life seen softshell's served soft. They should be fried crisp. Even the breading on them was uncooked white and gooey. Ugh! They were expensive. I hate to see softshells destroyed like this. Schlesinger's restaurant should be ashamed of themselves.

4  Thank ThomasJefferson75
Lewis_Inc, Public Relations Manager at Schlesinger's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Trip advisor response post to public Schlesinger’s

After speaking with our general manager in reference to your comments, we have been enlightened that she did in fact speak to you on the phone with regard to the remarks above. It seems that the soft shells in question did indeed require further cooking time to make them crisp, and we offer our deepest apologies for the offence. As our GM indicated in her conversation with you on the phone, we are always happy to replace any items that a guest does not find absolutely delightful when dining with us. We ask only that our guests let us know at the time of dining so we may offer an immediate solution to the problem. We never wish for a guest to leave feeling unfulfilled. Our general manager wished me to note that our offer of a lunch still stands when you visit us again at Schlesinger’s.
Jessica Smith