Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
$82
ComfortSuites
Jameson Inn & Suites(Newport News)
$85
$189
Orbitz.com
$132
Hotelpower.com
All reviewstheater roomfort eustisgame room with poolcardio roompriced roomthree buildingsfront deskwafflesconstruction workerscoffee maker and microwavestaff was friendly and helpfulmilitary familiesoutdoor poolhot and cold breakfastdish soapmain gatefree breakfast
Reviewed March 9, 2014

A wonderful, up to date, and exceptionally clean place for such a great low price!!! All of the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Delicious free full breakfast every morning. Theater room and billiards room for entertainment, aerobic and weight rooms for exercise....can't ask for much more. Even in a power outage during a winter storm, the staff took excellent care of the guests!! Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MandyPhillips151, General Manager at Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you so much for you kind words. We are striving to meet all of our guests needs when coming to the Mulberry Inn. Please come back to see us.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

After traveling for four hours after working all day. Finally arrived at the hotel at 11pm hoping just for a smooth check-in, I got that plus two smiling faces. Room was basic but clean the sheets even smelt good, unusual for a motel that isn't a five star motel, which I can't afford. I travel about six to ten times in a year and normally looking for good three star motels, trust me it takes some effort, the Mulberry Inn fits this bill. If my daughter decides to attend Christopher Newport University we found our spot. And the breakfast was great plenty of selection bacon two types of sausage fruit eggs(two types) a lot of extras. Would highly recommend this motel for the cost conscious.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lookin4deal2014

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast, we are always making improvements and love to get feedback from our guests so that we can go that extra mile to make every guest comfortable. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip through Newport News.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

One night stay while visiting relatives Thanksgiving weekend. The property is kept up. The rooms are basic but I didn't have any issues with any of it. It's about a mile down the road from plenty of restaurants and anything else you could need and has quick access to the interstate. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was fine except that they seem to be adjusting to a new system for their charge card terminal or something - no big deal. I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast buffet as I was having breakfast with family so I can't comment on that. I think the wifi was free. The TV is not a flat screen not that this matters to me. The bathroom is tiny but clean. The king size bed was comfortable. There was no noise outside - place was fairly unoccupied that night. I'd stay there again. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: They have rooms with a small kitchenette containing an electric stove, microwave, mini fridge, and sink for about ten bucks more a night. This was one of the units I stayed in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roadwarrior10069

My team and I appreciate the kind words you wrote. We hold our standards of cleanliness high at the Mulberry Inn and always appreciate our guests input. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for our son's NCAA DIII XC Regionals meet at Lee Hall Mansion. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was conveniently located near Newport News Park where we ran a couple of days. It was also very close to the XC Meet and some nice restaurants. We were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was a real find for my husband & me. We had a difficult time finding a hotel room because of a huge Phish concert in the area. They had a room in the main building, were very welcoming and even recommended a great Italian resturant close by- a big help since it was late and we were clueless about the city. We will certainly stay here & recommend it to anyone. This is a family owned treasure.

• Stayed: October 2013