“Cheaply eating fancy ”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved this spot. Usually for sushi, I go to a more expensive restaurant in City Center. However, for my lunch break I decided to try this place because of the good reviews. I walked in and was impressed with how the waitress seated us and bought over some wontons and sauce. We were able to nibble on these delicacies as we browsed the menu. Being as greedy as I am, I was in the mood for Shrimp Tempura and General Tso. The lunch specials are about $2.00 cheaper than the dinner specials. The dinner specials are still very cheap. The menu is easy to read. As I waited for my food, I was able to admire the scenery. Nice music was playing and it was interesting watching the chef prepare the sushi. My food came and I did not want to stop eating. Everything was perfect and fresh. I text my friends and told them that we have to come back. Forget about that other place in City Center, I will drive the extra miles for Asian Grill any day!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

On a visit to famly, we had the chance to have lunch in this really great place. Although it is small inside, it
seats a lot of people. We all had the soup, a main dish and two serviung of sushi. All of fwhich we truely
wonderful. It is to bad that we will no be staying here for a longer time. Recommed this to anyone who llikres Asian Food.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stopped in at this little gem tonight and must say that I was extremely impressed. The staff was a little small but they were great to deal with and were very good at what they do. The sushi chef was very skilled and was spot on with his creations. Will definitely return to Asian Grill again!!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants, eat in or take out in Newport News. The food is freshly made, generous portions and consistent--yes!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to college at CNU and ate here more than I care to say. The prices are great (5.50 for lunch!)and I have always found the service to be fine. I was in so much that the waitress didn't even ask for my drink or appetizer order, which is a sign of a great local place. The food is always fantastic, and the portions are more than enough to fill a hungry college kid. I always had leftovers for lunch the next day. I highly recommend the Chicken and Broccoli, which is never oily, and the veggies are always crispy. Delivery is always fast and the drivers are friendly. While I have graduated I always make a point of eating here whenever I am in the area. Mostly I am craving the Crab Rangoons. I have not found a place in Richmond that makes them quite as good.

1  Thank Elizabeth O