“Good food/nice portions”

Cross street: Turnbery Blvd
Hampton, Virginia
“Good food/nice portions”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tucany's has relaxed atmosphere with good food and nice portions. The restaurant clean and good place to dine with friends or family. Will definitely returrn.

Visited May 2013

Seaford, Virginia
“Don't believe the naysayers !”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This isn't a rebuttal from management. I'm a local who hadn't been to Tuscany in quite some time so my wife and I decided to go last night. It was one of our favorites then, and it is still just as GOOD. Not sure why we ignored it for so long. We WILL be back more often. I guess some people are just real picky or pick an unusual off night. Last night (Sat) it was very busy and we didn't have a reservation. Still got right in. Service was prompt, professional, and friendly. Drinks, bread (garlic knots), and salad came quickly and were very good. I had the lobster and crab stuffed ravioli in vodka sauce special and my wife had a cavatapi dish with shrimp and roasted tomatoes. Both were excellent and so big we took half home for lunches this next week. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for ! They also have a groupon offer for $30 off for only $15 cost. I found, and bought it, on my smartphone while sitting at the table thanks to a notice on the whiteboard at the entrance. As to the person below who complains about them not accepting groupon coupons, that notice explains there was a misprint - get real people! If you are po'd because they won't give away food based on an obvious mis-print, then complain on this site w/o telling the whole story - go to McDonalds next time! The only negative was it was so busy with many large tables it was quite noisy until it started to clear out. Nice problem to have actually. For those not in the know, if the menus here look a lot like those at the Vineyard restaurant close by that is because they both came from the old Doraldos Italian restaurant (at the location where the Vineyard is now). Tuscany is owned by the family that had Doraldos, the Vineyard I hear was bought by the former Doraldos chef. Nice to have two first class Italian places close by.

• Visited August 2013
virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worse management”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Refused to honor our groupons and the manager actually stood at our table getting angry and repeating the same thing every time we asked why we had an email with us that groupon emailed us to say that our groupon WOULD BE HONORED. She was not interested in seeing the email we asked her to call groupon and she said she would and said it will take 15 minutes so we were going to have to wait she then returned to only say exactly the same thing it's their policy and found out she NEVER CALLED GROUPON I would suggest you stay away with groupons I got the impression they don't like having to deal with them

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank virginiacooker
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am visiting her with friends and we stopped here from word of mouth that it has great food. When I first walked in, it seemed small but as we looked left, the restaurant was very decent sized. The service was perfect and the food was absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
“Good food, good service.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had eaten here about 2 years ago and remembered having very good food and service which was OK but not great. A friend who lives not far from the restaurant and goes there every few months suggested that we go back when I was in the Newport News area for a combination business/leisure trip, and I'm glad we did. We started with an appetizer of crostini, which proved to be extremely generous, with lots of cheese melted over crab meat on bread, and then enjoyed a basic salad of tomatoes and fresh mixed greens from a huge family style salad bow. I had a Flounder Livornese special, which featured a very generous portion of perfectly cooked flounder in a sauce of olive oil, butter(I think), white wine, capers, small slices of carrots, pitted Mediterranean olives, and herbs, served over a bed of linguine. My companion had a combination of three pasta based entrees. The house garlic knots came with both. The food was great, our service was attentive and knowledgeable, and prices are reasonable for what you get.

• Visited May 2013