“Excellent meal - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 99 Main Restaurant - CLOSED

99 Main Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
“Excellent meal - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband & I visited 99 Main Restaurant while visiting in Newport News, VA last weekend. The meal was wonderful. I had a salad with egg plant and spinach. It was delicious but way too large.
My main course steak/with oysters (fried) was all wonderful. My husband was equally impressed by his meal as well.

The restaurant is in the older part of Newport News. There weren't many people in the restaurant except two parties. They were kind of loud. The service was excellent and attentive.

I would recommend this restaurant since it was not one of the usual places you might visit.

• Visited August 2013

Virginia
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have lived within a short distance of 99 Main for many years but have never given it a try. I have heard people say it has become dated or tired so I wasn't anxious to try it out. We went on a whim when we got an unexpected babysitter. We had a DELIGHTFUL dinner. Our waitress was charming and friendly. The suggested wine was lovely and fairly priced. We shared salads and appetizers and without being asked,the staff split them on separate plates and did so with a lovely presentation.

I tried the smoked rib-eye which I didnt really like, but I don't generally like rib-eye (not sure why I tried it). the flavor was great but I am more of a tenderloin fan. My husband ordered the trout and crabmeat dish. It was outstanding.

We will certainly return.

• Visited May 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Friendly Neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

99 Main has been one of my favorite restaurants for years. It is consistently wonderful. The staff is friendly and very attentive.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank William H
Toano, Virginia
“Still hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went on valentines day, food was amazing, server Jason was polite and well spoken, @ 830 app took 30min and hot food sold on no less then 70min, small portions led to pizza a hour after we got home, bang for buck=zero,if I had a 150$ to throw away I'd prefer to gamble it away

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Danny W
Newport News, Virginia
“Nice Special Occasion Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited 99 Main for my hubby's birthday dinner on Feb. 1. Our reserved booth was decorated with confetti and ribbon. Hostess/server greeted us with a Happy Birthday wish for my hubby. Very nice touch. Restaurant has two dining rooms...one with booths/tables and looks in to open kitchen. The other a little more formal with tables/cloths. We preferred the relaxed booth atmosphere. Great wine list at reasonable prices. We had a delicious pinot noir ($30). I had mushroom/pancetta gratin ($7) and hubby had mussels in white wine ($7). Very large appetizers and very tasty. Entrees were: tuna with clams over rice/spinach and beef tenderloin with potatoes/green beans. Bread with sweet butter accompanies all meals. All food was tasty and well prepared. Nice pacing for the meal and excellent service. Nice variety on the menu. Cost (including tax and tip) was $135. Definitely recommend 99 main for a delightful special occasion meal.

• Visited February 2013