“Still hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 99 Main Restaurant - CLOSED

99 Main Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toano, Virginia
“Still hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went on valentines day, food was amazing, server Jason was polite and well spoken, @ 830 app took 30min and hot food sold on no less then 70min, small portions led to pizza a hour after we got home, bang for buck=zero,if I had a 150$ to throw away I'd prefer to gamble it away

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Danny W

Newport News, Virginia
“Nice Special Occasion Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited 99 Main for my hubby's birthday dinner on Feb. 1. Our reserved booth was decorated with confetti and ribbon. Hostess/server greeted us with a Happy Birthday wish for my hubby. Very nice touch. Restaurant has two dining rooms...one with booths/tables and looks in to open kitchen. The other a little more formal with tables/cloths. We preferred the relaxed booth atmosphere. Great wine list at reasonable prices. We had a delicious pinot noir ($30). I had mushroom/pancetta gratin ($7) and hubby had mussels in white wine ($7). Very large appetizers and very tasty. Entrees were: tuna with clams over rice/spinach and beef tenderloin with potatoes/green beans. Bread with sweet butter accompanies all meals. All food was tasty and well prepared. Nice pacing for the meal and excellent service. Nice variety on the menu. Cost (including tax and tip) was $135. Definitely recommend 99 main for a delightful special occasion meal.

• Visited February 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Unpretentious and Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went to 99 Main for the first time this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the French onion soup and the filet with bearnaise and my husband had a ribeye with a mushroom sauce. The soup was good and the steaks were excellent. They were cooked perfectly, the sauces were delicious, and the sides were just right. The kitchen was kind enough to prepare something special for our six year-old son and I overheard the staff also making accommodations for other diners. The staff were very professional and warm and we really enjoyed the understated ambiance. We don't usually order dessert but we made an exception and we were pleasantly surprised by the hot chocolate truffles. I highly recommend them! We will definitely return to 99 Main in the near future.

• Visited January 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Quality and Classic dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Jimmy Ferguson (the owner) know how to run a great restaurant and he does here...The food is perfectly prepared and presented with a flair. Lot of good choices with seasonal changes to the menu. Rack of Lamb is fabulous,

Visited December 2012
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Great Food, Cozy Feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I love the intimate atmosphere. This is a small restaurant with fantastic food. Some of the food on the menu is unique to other restaurants in this area such as "Coq au vin" and "Roasted Duck." I was there on a Wednesday and bottles of wine are 20 percent off which is a great deal. I highly recommend 99 Main for business and pleasure.

Visited October 2012