“I LOVED my meal!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Yorktown, VA
“I LOVED my meal!”
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We arrived at Cheeseburger in Paradise at 6:45 on a Friday night. They gave us a beeper and we waited at the front of the restaurant. Yum! They were handing out samples of fries and popcorn shrimp with asian dipping sauce. I didn't have the fries then, but I did indulge in the shrimp. It was very good. The shrimp was lightly breaded and the sauce added a nice tang. I appreciated that they were handing out free samples to placate the waiting throngs :-) After about 20 minutes we were taken to our booth. My, this restaurant is loud and the lighting is very dim. I went with my husband and another couple and I feared it would be difficult to hear conversation.

Our 'islander', the server, took about 10 minutes to arrive but once they did they were very attentive. By this time my ears had adjusted to the din and I had no trouble hearing my companions.

I ordered the mushroom swiss burger which also comes with onions straws on the burger. I had a choice of sides which I had trouble hearing the islander describe. I think she mentioned sweet potato chips and some kind of broccoli but I believe there were other choices other than the fries which I selected. Drinks were refilled very expeditiously. My burger was delicious! I'm not sure that it was cooked medium since the lighting was so dim, but not to worry. It tasted great--juicy, crunchy with the onions, altogether very tasty. My other dinner partners ordered the blue cheese blast burger, another onion swiss burger and the popcorn shrimp. My husband's blue cheese burger was good, but he said he preferred the 1/3 of my burger that he ate. The fries were great--crispy, seasoned strips of fat seared potato goodness. The other couple also loved their food.

I would definitely revisit Cheeseburger in Paradise again.....and again.

2 Thank Jesypie