“Gave them another try”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Took a visiting family member here tonight, surprisingly busy. We didn't wait long for a table or service. Positives: Food came very quickly and it was very packed, actually surprised. Had the fish sandwich, pretty good.
Negatives: Took a while to get beer and it was luke warm at best, second beer came in a plastic cup, but same price.Not a big fan of beer in plastic cups. The "home made" coleslaw was nothing more than sliced cabbage with a well known dressing sparingly applied.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

It wasn't a busy night and we arrived early so service was prompt, the food hot and fresh and very good! But getting there! I am an out of towner, missed the right hand turn into Huntington Park (the parking lot to the restaurant is to the left after the turn into the park) soooo across the James River Bridge we sailed! And it's a mighty long bridge. So just be sure that you don't make the same mistake that we did. But when we finally arrived, we had a nice welcome. It was chilly so we opted for an inside table (we still had a nice view of the River) but walked out onto the outside section of the restaurant to snap a few photos. Really lovely view and this restaurant is beside a pier said to be the East Coasts' longest. I ordered the fried oysters which were excellent and my guest ordered crab cakes which were said to be delicious. We each ordered the cole slaw, freshly cut slivers of cabbage served on top of a mayo based sauce in a nice sized bowl so just mix together and a very nice accompaniment to the seafood. Good drinks and a small bar in the back of the restaurant nearest the pier. Great sunset views. Casual and a very good. experience

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We dined in a party of 9 guests. I expected this to cause issues with service and the food order. I was pleasantly surprised. The waitress was accurate and very attentive. The place was quite busy and we were always getting our drinks filled and old plates cleared. One fish sandwich came out cold, that was fixed quickly. The waitress took my sandwich back before she served it to me. I had ordered it blackened and rare. She was sure by the looks of it that it was over cooked. I was quickly presented with a perfectly blackened and rare tuna sandwich. I have heard negative reviews, but we had nothing but positive experiences tonight.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had lunch here, during a break to visit one of the local musuems. We enjoyed the view of the James River. The service we received was good. However the tuna steak burger that one of us ate was really not that great. The tuna seemed to have fat in it. The other meal eaten was a salmon steak. It was a good sized portion but overall I would just give it an average rating, ok but nothing special. If we are back in the area, we will try somewhere else.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The crab cake tasted like dirty water and the server never came back to ask if the food was ok. Had to go look for her to get the bill. I look at my credit card bill a couple days later and they gave themselves a larger tip!!! FRAUD This is not the first restaurant that has done this. Thank God for cell phones with cameras I took a picture of the bill so off to talk to Bobby the manager. When I called he was not concerned about FRAUD he was concerned that I did not tell him about the poor service when I was there. People now days! Wonder how he is going to like the report to the Attorney General

2  Thank rob t