“STAY HERE!! GREAT HOTEL AWESOME GUEST SERVICES!”

Jameson Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
“STAY HERE!! GREAT HOTEL AWESOME GUEST SERVICES!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The Jameson Inn was nice, clean and inviting when we arrived. Check in took a little more time than expected, but Lakeata at the front desk was AWESOME! Got us checked in, answered all of our questions, was polite, funny and kept a smile on her face. The room type we reserved was not available and we were upgraded with no hassle! Room was clean and airy with clean linens and towels and pretty spacious, the only thing I can say bad is there was some questionable maintenance (?) work done to the sink in the bathroom, looked like the counter had to be reset but the repairman forgot to caulk it, so there was a gap between the wall panel and countertop, I only put that for the ppl that are esthetic nuts!!! Breakfast delicious, great pool and jacuzzi! This was a great hotel at an awesome price!!! We have found our regular place to stay when visiting VA!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tameka W
Jameson757, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2015
Thank you for an amazing review. Also thank you for the helpful tip about our sink! So many people don't realize how important these reviews are to us, they make the difference. Thank you for taking the time to review us and especially including LaKeata! We look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Emporia, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stay there June 18 and left 20. We have stay their several time and it was a good. We will definitely stay their. The front clerks was excellent and rooms was nice. I will recommend this
hotel. The night time is very quiet. It is nice to see dog in the hotel. I really didn't hear them bark so that was really great. Thanks

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank llpowell
Center Valley, PA
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night here on the last Saturday of July 2014. We were traveling with two cats, so our (pet-friendly) hotel options were limited. The front desk people were indifferent as I checked in and we had later to walk back out to the front desk to get the info sheet with the wireless and breakfast info that they failed to give me. The room's toilet recycled every 10 minutes and the door to the bathroom had to be held open with its trash can; otherwise, it closed itself. The kids in the room above us were running around all night, so there was much noise. The TV, which was an HD set, had nothing but fuzzy reception nonetheless. This place has seen better days and was pricey for what we got. Breakfast the next morning was a bit better than most of these places, however. I am not sure we would stay here again. If we can find a better pet-friendly and affordable alternative, I am certain we would not.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilosophicalOldGuy
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2014

we were offered a special rate given a five night visit to Tidewater VA. The rate we received was all the room was worth! We stayed in the King Deluxe room. Priced at full is $99.00, do not pay that! The breakfast was meager, I was afraid to eat allot because of the dirty counters! The bath had peeling wall paper. The only good feature of the room was the mattress was ok. The Curtains seemed to have been balled up in a ball given all the wrinkles. The refrigerator froze my Greek yogurt and fresh fruit! The wireless was down for six hours one morning, and desk help said they did not know what to do to fix it! Later they did. reboot the system. One could hear hall noise as well as complete disclosure of personal conversation in the room above. Awful!.
I would not recommend this to anyone! This motel is not salvageable as I see it..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LQTravler
Peoria, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We got in on Sunday July27. Staff incl frontdesk gal (Tamika) and janitor were friendly. Room good, bed comfortable and clean. Hotel located not far from hwy 64 and near lots of restaurants. (One we liked was 2nd Street.) I like how the bathroom/shower and the sink are in one room with a door. Nice long marble sink! I did notice coffee spills on the bathroom floor but by this time we had settled in and decided to live with it. The 2nd day as we were leaving noticed the breakfast is lame. Lets see I CAN say the coffee was hot! OJ machine put out cloudy orange juice, no bacon or sausage,spilled waffle batter. Had hard boiled eggs, bagels,mini muffins, cereal,biscuits&gravy,waffle machine. NO ONE was manning the cleaning up or picking up OR replenishing. Just neglected. There was even one heavy set worker who looked in the bfast room as she passed by and kept on going! It was littered and spills everywhere. I didn't eat much.Then, I thought, off to the gym. Nope, says Tamika-treadmill broken. No apologies, guess she was tired. No pool either - someone the night before put soap in it. (heavy sigh) I had problems with the staff friendliness that 2nd day too-guess it changes day to day.For an "overnighter" its ok. I mean it was cheap. Longer? no

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed for five days. I booked through priceline and extended two times while i was there. Each time i went down to the desk let them know I extended got my keys rekeyed andt they said i would be able to stay in the same room. First morning I did this got a call about elev thirty asking if I was staying over.... guy was nice explained how i booked another day..things were fine. Second time i extended got a phone call with a rude woman n the other end saying"Well check out was at eleven we need you out of the room or need a payment... Do you all notcommunicate? ? I said ive already paid...NO YOU DIDNT she said... i told her i came down n got keys done n evwrything. She had an attitude from hell n not personabke at all. Rate is good but need some training incustomer service which is what the hospitality buisness consist of. Rather pay more than deal with people that are rude and not knowledgeable. Rooms need TLC stains and burna on carpet kept my socka on thw whols time. First morning it took 10mins for hot water to get hot. The door to my room was hard to open and close. Needs an update and employees need training.

• Stayed July 2014
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
This review is very disappointing we all pride ourselves on GREAT customer service, as you can see on our past reviews. Our rooms are currently being updated but furniture will not arrive until mid fall, unfortunately. If you have the time please call the hotel at (757)951-1177 and ask to speak with the General Manager as we do not have enough information from this review to cure the problem with the rude employee also we would like to speak with you as a valued guest. We would like to see you return as you did stay additional days even through such a poor experience so maybe we can make this incident up to you.
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had two rooms: The first room was non-smoking and it was ok, everything needs a deep cleaning and updating. The second room was smoking......(not by choice) hotel was sold out and could not be moved the first night. This was the most disgusting smell I have ever smelled. Words cannot describe the odor of this room. I have been around alot of smells but nothing like this. The clothes in the luggage even smelled horrible. The second night they moved us into a non-smoking room and the smell was much better; however, the hallway walls had holes punched in it. The pools odor was so strong it burnt your eyes. Stains all over carpet in public hallways and furniture....We will never stay in a 2 1/2 star hotel again!!!!! (which was against my better judgment in the first place). The breakfast was horrible (dirty juice machine, food containers, ect....), we left and went to Cracker Barrell one day and Ihop the next. My 12 year old son wanted to leave this hotel and find a new one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan T
We apologize for your poor experience with our hotel. You are correct in the fact we need an upgrade and we are in the middle of remodeling our hotel. The hotel has been purchased by a new management company and we are finally making the upgrades our wonderful guests deserve.
As well as with the pool we are switching over to a salt based system which is a lot better for eyes, skin and hair. These changes unfortunately couldn't come quick for the summer season as we anticipated but we do hope when you return to the Newport News area you will stop in and see that two and a half star hotel can be a beautiful place.