“Best Hotel Experience By Far”

Jameson Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel was by far the best experience that I have experienced in a very long time. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly gentlemen outside of the building who was cleaning the windows, he was very nice, and welcomed us with open arms. We arrived a little before check in time and the friendly front desk staff let us check in early. The room was very clean, the showers were HUGE, and the beds were very fluffy! We experienced great sleep here at the Sleep Inn! We stayed for two nights the housekeepers were also very friendly at most hotels that I have been to the housekeepers were sometimes a bit cranky, however here they were very chatty friendly and did an excellent jobs on our rooms. At check out we were greeted by their management who was also very friendly and helpful the ladies gave us great area locations and fun things to do while visiting in the area. My friends are not very computer friendly and mngt helped us with printing out mapquest directions to Virginia Beach. My entire stay at this hotel was wonderful, great staff, clean room, and FREE breakfast. I would definitly reccomend this hotel to travelers in this area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Sleep21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear Sheila T,

My team and I are delight to know you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful experience at Sleep Inn & Suites. I have a wonderful team and customer satisfaction continues to be our #1 concern. We look forward to handling your lodging needs in the future.

There are newer reviews for Jameson Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 8, 2011

My boyfriend and I went out of town for the weekend for my birthday. Well, we didnt have reservations. We arrived Friday night and was shocked at the price let alone the room. The room was very clean, bathroom was spacious and the shower HUGE!! The breakfast was'nt bad. Both Saturday and Sunday they had waffles, sausage, cereal,pastries,oranges, apples, oatmeal, sausage n gravy biscuits, coffee and juice. The hotel has only been there 4 years and it's in a good area. For 64.99 a night we will surely be going back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear LaWanda88,

We appreciate your business and strive to continue to give clean and friendly service along with #1 customer satisfaction! Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was very disappointed with this hotel. I made a reservation for a non-smoking king several weeks before and we arrived at the hotel to check in at 1030pm after a very hot day at Busch Gardens. We were checked in and given a 3rd floor room. I did not realize it was a smoking room until I opened the door and that ashtray smell hit me in the face. It was then that I noticed other rooms had no smoking signs of the door but not ours. I called the front desk to switch rooms and I was told they were out of non smoking rooms. There was no mention of this when I checked in, I guess he was hoping I would not notice. I spoke to another guest in the elevator that had the same issue. When I returned to the desk I was told the hotel was sold out and they ran out of non-smoking rooms. I asked about other hotels in the area and he told me they were all sold out. He also offered to spray the room but I did not want lemon scented smoke smell so we decided to make the 3-hour drive back home. I really feel that a hotel has a responsibility to honor their guaranteed non-smoking room reservation. This was not a request for a non smoking room, it was a specific room type that I booked on their website. If the website showed they were sold out of non smoking rooms, I would have searched for another hotel. If you have respiratory issues or sensitivity to smoke smell, I would recommend you select another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rob3077

Dear Rob3077,

I first like to thank you for taking the time out to give a review of your stay. We apologize for any issues that you may have had with your reservation. If ever during your stay at one of our properties and you have questions or concerns, please ask to speak to the Manager on duty so we can try to fix the problem before you check-out. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience with the room mix up and thank you for your feedback. If you are in the Newport News area again in the near future we would love the opportunity to better serve you. Please contact me directly so that I may personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Wonderful staff, clean rooms, great & free breakfast! I def reccomend this hotel and will return!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Marissaarmstrong09,

Thank you so much for allowing us to take care of your lodging needs. Your review is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Arrived tonight for two-night stay. Room reserved wasn't available. Arrived at door to room to find dirty towel outside door, entered room and was welcomed by dirty carpet, dirty tile and ice bucket. Comforter for rollaway bed had numerous holes. Asked for another room but none were available. There were some very rough looking ppl in lobby. Looks like an urban teen hangout.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The staff was very accommodating, friendly, as nice. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed at this hotel 06/23/11-06/26/2011 during the Jazz Festival Weekend in Hampton, Va. Found a bed bug in the shower on the floor. Saw a few red spots on the walls prior to finding the bug. Alerted management. They had someone go up to my room to look at the bug. The bug was picked up and put in a jar. I took a picture of it before it was placed in the jar. I was told that my room would be sprayed (after he went to Lowe's). I wanted so badly to leave this hotel, but with the festival this weekend ALL rooms are booked! I spent 4 hours going from Newport News to Virgina Beach trying to find something that was available in a decent hotel. Managment asked me where I had come from, and implied that I had brought the bug in, which I didn't appreciate. I don't have bed bugs in my home, and I flew here. Anyway they moved my room, gave me an employee discount for ONE NIGHT and apologized. I moved all of my bags into the new room's bathroom (bed bugs can't move around on the bathroom floor), put my computer up on a table with slippery wooden legs and will leave all the lights on tonight. I can't wait until morning so that I can get out of here. I've stayed at this hotel before during the jazz fest, and it's always been very clean, comfortable and the staff was great. I even checked the bed bug registry for this hotel before venturing here. After today, I will never stay here again!!! If a bed bug gets into your belongings, you will have to go to hell and back or take out a loan to get rid of them once you get home. I don't plan on sleeping tonight.

Room Tip: Call Their Local Health Dept To See If The Bugs...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kindlycoated
Sleep21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Sorry about the experience that you had while staying with us. Just to confirm we had our Pest Control company come out and do a thorough expection for bed bugs. He performed a thorough and complete inspection of the entire room. This inspection involved the removal of wall outlet plates, removal of bed mattresses and bedding, headboard, couch pillows and mattress, dresser and side tables. He concluded that there was no infestation of bed bugs to be found anywhere in the room. Please let me know if you need anything further. If there is anything else more that we could do to please you please contact me directly, thank you and have a blessed day!