“DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR INSECTICIDE”

InTown Suites Newport News City Center
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Chesapeake, Virginia
“DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR INSECTICIDE”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The fact that it has a kitchenette is great and everything worked well in it. The housekeeping is good, but not great. The hallways smell a bit moldy and the windows in the hallways are open during the day, I assume, to help combat the problem. However, the grounds, laundry, entryways and hallways are kept clean and well maintained. I noticed some trash under the refrigerator as well as some type of spillage on the side of the refrigerator. The desk clerk stated she would have housekeeping attend to it the following day. Housekeeping arrived to clean and after she finished cleaning she abruptly and in a nasty tone asked "was the cleaning good enough for me?" I was stunned and asked her to repeat her question. She then toned the question down and asked the question in a more polite way. The first room we were assigned had a huge cob web over the kitchen cabinet area. But the worst of all are the cockroaches. They have infestation problem. We saw infestation in three different rooms including the one we finally decided to stay with. It can be loud at times, but mostly quiet. If you do not make a complaint about the cleaning or mind purchasing some insecticide, it won't be the worst stay you may have ever had.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
bjohnsonSS, Guest Relations Manager at InTown Suites Newport News City Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Newport News. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Guest reviews provide our hotels with the opportunity to improve our services for future guests. In January of 2012, Savannah Suites began using a new extermination company in an effort to improve our guest experience. We have been complaint-free in this regard from that point forward and we welcome you back the next time you are in Newport News, Virginia to experience first-hand how guest reviews have affected our service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed at Savannah Suites in November while on business. I was in town for 14 days and the hotel was going to be home for a a while. I wanted something nice but not expensive. I picked Savannah based on my co-workers recommendations and they were right. Check in was quick and the staff was quick and friendly. One thing I did notice is the cleanliness of the place. The location was great also. I was able to walk to everything that I needed (food, entertainment etc). The hotel was quiet and I was able to sleep with no problems. I stayed for a few weeks and the staff would address me by name, which I thought was very nice. Overall I would definitely recommend them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at InTown Suites Newport News City Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Newport News. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to Hampton Roads.
ny
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Staying at the Savannah Suites Hotel in Newport News, VA was like paying a visit to paradise. Upon arriving at the hotel it did not take long to check in and take us up to our room. We had a nice, spacious room already filled with all our entertainment and living needs. The rooms were very clean and had a peachy smell to them with a nice view of VA right from our window. During our stay there were no problems, no visits from any unwanted visitors, lots of help if I had questions, places to do my laundry and to work out when I wasn't out having fun with my family. Now when i'm looking for a hotel to stay at in Newport News, VA; Savannah Suites is where I think to go.

Room Tip: book online before you go
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at InTown Suites Newport News City Center, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Newport News. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back next time you are in Newport News, Virginia.
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel. It apparently is a place for temporary workers. Upon going to our room, our next door neighbor was being questioned by police in the hall. She was taken to jail. There is no ice machine in the hotel. There was an empty ice tray in the freezer of our room fridge but no ice.The front desk had no solution. There were no hangers in the closet. On check out, I rode in the elevator with our neighbor who apparently had been released from jail.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at InTown Suites Newport News City Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Newport News. Travelers’ reviews of our hotel assist us in improving our service to future guests. Contractors do make up a portion of our guests and are a welcome addition to our hotel. Wanted criminals on the other hand are not and we do work with local law enforcement to ensure a safe environment for all of our guests. Ice machines are not provided in the hotel because we do have the full-sized refrigerators with top freezers attached, this is a more sanitary way for our guests to have ice in their rooms and is designed with the extended-stay guest in mind. Hangers are now provided in the closets of all of our guest rooms. I do apologize that your stay was not satisfactory, but I do invite you to try our hotel again when you are traveling in Newport News, VA.
Umea, Sweden
Reviewed May 19, 2011

My stay at the Savannah Suites hotel was great. The rooms were nice and cozy. Good size too.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of the Savannah Suites Newport News. We welcome you back the next time you travel to Newport News, Virginia.
Fairview Heights, Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My room was dusty and had roaches. I would have checked out but I was only in town for a short stay. The staff was friendly though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We stayed for four days in early June. The staff was very kind and helpful. (I have to admit that I was a little leery after reading some recent reviews.)... We were pleasantly surprised! The size of the room was just fine! We always had fresh linen and towels. We loved being able to make our own coffee in the kitchenette and use the stove and refrigerator. What a great room for the money! We definitely plan to stay here when we vacation in Newport News again next summer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple