“Wonderful Servce”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Heber City, Utah
“Wonderful Servce”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My Husband and I stayed here for 1 week on business.The hotel and rooms where every clean.that weekend the hotel was a full with basketball player and their family's.The front desk agent found us a room for the night that night became a week.The breakfast was good they had hot waffles, eggs, sausage,hot coffee,oh yes make sure you say hi to Iris she will help you w/breakfast if you need it.one thing i did not like was the cost of the washer and dryer it cost me $4.00 a load.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JDavisTGO, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful words. We strive for excellence in all aspects, so it's good to know that our work does not go unnoticed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
northern virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was below average. The free breakfast had poor choices compared to other brands. I get the feeling the staff is trying and corporate is not giving them what they need. Entry door key card locks to the pool and to outdoors wouldn't work. They didn't have bagels or other basic breakfast items, though I did see one guy being given a bagel from the kitchen, so maybe they just hold the best stuff back. But my bigger problem was the $50 incidentals charge that was added to my bill when I checked my credit card balance when we got home, which I had not been informed about. I called the hotel and they said that they are adding that because of people who trash the hotel, and will reverse it when they know everything is OK. I don't want to have to watch my credit card to make sure they reverse it--I will stay elsewhere. I don't know why this hotel has so many positive reviews, but notice that for most of them it's their only review, so I urge you to take that into account. We've stayed at several other places in Newport News and they were all better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank nova81
JDavisTGO, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I apologize for what seemed like an unpleasant experience at our property. Our main mission is to service our guests to the best of our ability, which can be seen in our staff reviews. With that said I would also like to address the issues you have raised. We have an assortment of items available for breakfast that is comparable to any other continental offering: waffle makers, eggs, bacon, sausage, hard boiled eggs, cereals, bagels and bread. When breakfast is busy some items may go faster than others and need to be replenished. The $50 authorization for incidentals is printed on the registration card that each guest signs before checking-in. An additional authorization that is released upon checkout is standard among mid to upscale hotels.
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This past weekend my familiy visited your facility! We were greeted promptly by the front desk Admin Staff( Dana) and immediately begin to feel right at home! Throughout the evening I observed Dana at the front desk answering the phones in a very professional way while meeting the demands for request for towels in the pool area and that's not all, he immediately came to mop up water near the elevator/ lobby area where my kids dripped coming from the pool. He maintained that professional attitude! We had a very peaceful sleep. The rooms were very CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. The following morning breakfast was wonderful. Mr Kevin was very helpful to me and my children throughout our stay. I HIGHLY recommend Comfort Suites Airport to anyone looking for affordable quality stay!
Mrs. Pitts

Room Tip: Ask for Dana!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JDavisHGI, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We try to maintain a friendly staff that can meet our guests' needs. I will make sure that Dana and Kevin are aware of your comments.
Snow Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night to catch an early flight. Left my sunglasses in the shuttle van and Dana was wonderful in trying to find them for me even after I had returned home!!! Very clean and comfortable rooms!!! Lobby was very inviting and cozy!!! Would most definitely stay in the future and recommend to anyone!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us! I will definitely let Dana know that his efforts did not go unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
East Kingston, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have stopped at this hotel many times while visiting family over the years and each year
we have come back the facility has been in wonderful and in clean condition. The breakfast buffet
has been excellent and all employees very helpful. I recommend this hotel very highly. MC

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thanks for your continued patronage of the Comfort Suites! We truly appreciate your business and your kind words. See you next time!! Lori Leib - Director of Sales
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been staying there for numerous years and each time is a very pleasant experience. The staff caters to the athletes and coaches. The motel is very clean and very well maintained. We will continue to stay with them whenever we are in town for a competition.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We appreciate you! Thanks for your loyalty to our hotel and for sharing your positive experiences. We look forward working with you for many years moving forward. Lori Leib- Director of Sales
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Thank you to the staff at the Comfort Suites of Newport News. Our high school cross country and track teams always stay at this location when competing in the Williamsburg/Hampton and surrounding areas. The crew is always accommodating and go out of their way to make our visit the best it can be. Great rates, clean rooms and kind staff. Special thanks to Dana, who is always a super star!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review!! We appreciate your business and are always happy to have you here. We are thrilled that you find us to be consistent and accommodating. We look forward to seeing you all again real soon! Lori Leib Director of Sales