“Perfect Location”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here on Saturday night on our way to Outer Banks. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to 64. It turned out to be just the perfect place. First, the room was spacious & clean. There is an indoor pool, but it was scorching hot & humid outside so the pool area, though quite nice, was just too hot for comfort.
The location is perfect.with numerous restaurants, in fact you can walk across the parking lot to an Olive Garden. Also, across the street is all kinds of shopping - TJMAXX, Macy's, etc. The breakfast was excellent & plentiful.

The front desk staff was courteous, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Clean, good price, great staff, did I mention clean? Lot of military and government people staying here...safe and quiet. Will be back.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank MrJoeWhite
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thanks so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the value received. We look forward to seeing you again very soon :-) Lori Leib - Director of Sales
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is convenient to the airport and shuttle pick up was prompt. Across the street from a nice strip mall with adequate shopping including Trader Joe's, a favorite little grocery store of mine. Walkable. Red Lobster and Olive Garden practically in the same parking lot. The hotel may have been sold out when I was there as it was really busy. The breakfast area isn't nearly big enough for all the rooms this hotel has. Hard to find a seat and very crowded. There were a lot of kids congregating in the halls and they were loud. Since I was working, lights were out at 10:00 and it got so loud in the rooms next to me and in the hallway that I had to call the front desk to register a complaint. I was told I wasn't the only one and they assured me they would contact the chaperones. When it still didn't quiet down I went into the hall and found a chaperone and told him I had to get up at 4:00. The noise ended. The price was fair, the location good, so I probably shouldn't complain. But, it just wasn't a great experience for me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments. You are correct. The hotel was sold out this past weekend with a combination of sports teams and family reunion groups. We make every attempt to keep leisure groups located together so there is no disturbance to other guests. Unfortunately, this was not possible in your case. With this said, we are very sorry that your experience at our property did not meet your expectation. We hope that you will consider us again in the future and if I can personally be of service to you, please feel free to contact me at 757-947-1332.
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stopped here for one night on the way to the outer banks. Chose this property based on the reviews here. It is a nice property in a good location but the service didn't live up to the reviews. For example, we requested a roll-a-way bed when we made the reservation online (about a month before check in). When we arrived no roll-a-way was in the room and when I asked the person at the front desk the reply was "yes I noticed that you requested one when you made the reservation but we don't have roll-a-ways at this hotel. Sure would have been nice if someone would have let me know this before I got there! The shower curtain rod was installed so that the ends were higher than the middle, which caused the curtain to creep from both ends toward the middle, leaving large gaps for water to escape outside the tub. But the worst was the breakfast area the next morning. My family and I came down to find about 10 people all waiting for the attendant to refill the hot food selections. Waffle batter container was empty as well. Every piece of fruit looked like it was rescued from the week old bin. Juice dispenser was out. We waited about 20 minutes and never saw the attendant. By this time there were more people waiting so we decided to go across the street to Panera for breakfast. We usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Newport News on our way to the beach and after this visit we will be going back there next time.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank imaterp
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for your response. We truly appreciate your feedback and want to apologize that your expectations were not met. The hotel has never provided rollaway beds and I'm sorry that we didn't see your request in advance so that we could have informed you. We are glad that you let us know about the shower rod issue. It has been repaired for future guests. Lastly, we regret that the breakfast attendant was not available and that the food items were not fully stocked. This situation has also been addressed to ensure that future guests do not experience this problem. We certainly realize that future improvements do not change your past experience. With this said, I would ask that you contact me directly so that, should your travel plans bring you back to Newport News, you will consider giving us another try. Thanks again for your thoughts and I look forward to hearing from you very soon. You may call 757-947-1333 and ask for me. Sincerely, Lori Leib, Director of Sales & Marketing
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

A very nice hotel, clean, quiet, and bright with excellent staff. Located a few blocks from the Newport News/Hampton airport and surrounded by restaurants and shopping. Very convenient with I-64 about a mile away. Room was very clean and comfortable, and the beds were excellent. You will enjoy staying here

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Russ106
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel. We hope that when your travel plans bring you back to Newport News, you will visit us again.
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

My family and I stayed here the first weekend in June and we were very satisfied. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff there was attentive and pleasant. Checking in and out went with ease. The complimentary breakfast was better than I’ve seen at any hotel. There was plenty of food and many choices. The staff kept the food fully stocked. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming in to the Newport News area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel. Similar to my previous stay, I found the rooms to be clean and the staff very frendly. I worked with the hotel's sales manager, Lori, in reserving rooms for a group. She, along with the rest of the staff, went above and beyond in helping us get the rooms we needed and quicly resolved any issues or concerns we had. This will be my hotel of choice anytime I'm in the Newport News/Williamsburg/Hampton area!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family