“Great stay!!”

Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great stay!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on the way home from Atlantic City. This was my first time staying at a Best Western, and I will definitely return. The gentleman at the front desk was great (didn't catch his name, but he was an older man). I called at about 10pm to let him know we wouldn't be arriving to check in until around midnight. When we got there he had our sofa bed linens packaged and ready at the front desk. The room was one of the cleanest I've ever seen, and my little nephew loved the towel animals. They were so cute!! The bed was comfortable. There were lots of eating places close by, so I didn't eat the hotels breakfast. And it was an easy drive to Buckroe Beach. I'm already planning to return to the area soon, and I'll be staying here when I do!

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Decatur, IL, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The rooms were very clean & very spacious. It's nice to be on vacation and have someone clean & make your bed. Breakfast was really good! Lot of variety. The fountain out front was relaxing when you just wanted to sit & take the scenery in. Overall, experience was Excellent!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is the second time in the last 2 years we have visited this hotel and was not disappointed. The room was clean and spacious. Facilities were good with a nice pool area. Good choice for breakfast. A lovely hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great staff! My daughter and I were there for a funeral. I had made the reservation for the wrong night and was charged a no show when I didn't show up the night before. At check-in the guest service representative was very gracious and said that since I had already paid for a night that she would use my no show charge for my room charge for the night I actually stayed. I know that she didn't have to do that, I made the mistake but, it had been a really long and sad day for me and that touch of kindness was bright spot in my day. All of the employees that I had contact with were friendly and pleasant. It made for a much nicer trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Nashville
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Have stayed here over 100 times with no negative situations. Excellent staff and a wonderfully run property, great location too. Solid choice of restaurants for a variety of taste. Oh, forgot the FREE breakfast is outstanding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were looking for a place that included breakfast, a suite type room and outdoor pool. This was perfect.Staff was friendly and everything was clean. The location was near to places we wanted to visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived at our room and the toilet was clogged. We stopped at the front desk on our way out and asked for it to be fixed. Came back from dinner and nothing had changed. Back to the front desk where I was given a plunger and told to do it myself. In a follow-up call with rude General Manager Karan Shah, he says that happens all the time. Special. The pool was closed 1 1/2 days while we were there (this is July). It was so green and murky it was hard to see the steps. Breakfast as others have mentioned, very weak. Run....... very far from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family