Newport News Marriott at City Center
$88
$82
ComfortSuites
Jameson Inn & Suites(Newport News)
$85
$129
$58
$132
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungefountain viewconference centerfront desknice hotelroom servicemovie theaterrestaurants and shopsbusiness tripwould highly recommend this hotelenjoyed my stayomeletoyster pointyogurtindoor poolkerryvalet
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was a beautiful hotel with a great room and friendly and courteous staff. There are also some nice restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicholas__T54
Renee W, Guest Relations Manager at Newport News Marriott at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your posted comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay experience with us. It was great hearing that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff members. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my overnight stay at the Marriott. The room, amenities, comfort, quiet--all were superb. But what really sold me on the hotel was the treatment I received when I called the next week to tell the front desk that I had left my favorite bed pillow on their bed. My request for help was received with a personal interest and good follow-through. The lady on the front desk put me in touch with David Soloff, their "lost prevention supervisor." I discovered that the hotel had retrieved a number of pillows in cases of all colors. David persevered in researching my loss and called the same evening to report that he had found my pillow and would FedEx it to me the very next week. Many thanks for your excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Carol G

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay experience with us. We love nothing more than when one of our team members is recognized on this site, so you can be sure that David will be celebrated! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is relatively new and the lobby, rooms are very nice. Whitney at the front desk is very accommodating. My only complaint is that they nickel/dime you to death. The first time we stayed - had to pay for Internet. Second time it was the coffee $2.50 for coffee in a to-go cup. All the other Marriott give complimentary tea coffee bard in the lobby, not this hotel. But all in all it was a good area.yy

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ihall41
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The husband and I stayed here the night after our wedding. It was pouring down raining and storming very badly. The front desk associate checked us in promptly and the bell hop immediately rushed to the limo to help with all of our things. Every employee we saw on our way to our room greeted us with smiles and congratulations. Most of them even asked how the wedding was. The room was on the eleventh floor and the view was impeccable. The only issue we had was that the remote to the tv was not working, however, it seems before we could even hang up with the front desk there was someone at the door with new batteries. The bed was so comfortable we were both sleep before we even realized it and woke up feeling very refreshed. I have constant back aches and it is sometimes very hard for me to sleep comfortably but the bed was heavenly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JustHaze
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked a room at the Newport News Marriott at City Center to stay over night after my wedding and before my wife and I left for our honeymoon the next morning. We normally stay at Hampton Inn's, but I figured that we'd "splurge" a bit for such a special night. The room itself was great - clean, spacious, etc. However, the service was extremely poor, and I would not stay with them again after the experience I had.

To start with, I called multiple times the week of the wedding, including the night before, to ensure all of the appropriate arrangements were in order. I had placed a family friend's name on the room to ensure that he'd be able to check in for us prior to the wedding so that we didn't have to worry about it upon arriving that evening. I also asked for early check-in, if it was possible, and was told that if it wasn't the bags could be left with the bellmen and they would be taken up prior to our arrival. In addition, I was told that the champagne and strawberries I ordered would be delivered to the room just prior to our arrival. I felt good about all of this and thought that everything would be taken care of.

In short, none of this happened. When our family friend went to check us in, he was told that he could not check us in, and that he was not on the room. He told me that after 20+ minutes of discussion, he finally asked them to check the names on the room one final time, and sure enough, he was. Unfortunately, the room was not yet ready, so he left the bags with the bellmen, and tipped them in advance to ensure the bags would be placed in the room - as promised. Upon our arrival, we found that the bags were still at the bellmen's station, and it took two calls to have the champagne and strawberries delivered (not exactly the best start to a honeymoon). In the morning, we found that due to all of this trouble, they had discounted the room rate for us. However, after returning from the honeymoon, I discovered that they had charged the card for the room twice. I've now called three times and left messages but I've yet to have my call returned or have someone from the accounting office answer their phone.

As I've said before, the room itself was great, but I was really just looking for a place for us to stay for 11 hours before hopping on a plane the next morning. However, with such poor service, I think I'll stay elsewhere next time I book a hotel and avoid the hassle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anthony C
Caroline_NNMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Newport News Marriott at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

On behalf of the entire Newport News Marriott at City Center team, I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I would like to congratulate you on your recent nuptials and thank you for making us your hotel of choice before you departed for your honeymoon. I recognize the concerns you had with your check-in process and room service requests, and I apologize for how this affected your stay. I have addressed your billing issue with our Accounting department and apologized for the delay in resolving this issue. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. It is through feedback and reviews like yours that we are able to improve on our service and provide our guests the genuine care that they deserve. I welcome you to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.